YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It only took two hours and I had to take everything to pieces but I finally got the bottom off the scrubber casing so I can do a fill.

For crying out loud it's a pot that runs at ambient! A plastic bag would work! Why does it have to be designed like the breech of an 18 inch navel gun? One bit of grit ('lime probably) and you're jammed solid.

I'm not going to let this thing beat me. We are going to the Shetland and we are going diving.

Reactions: GSK

·
Registered
608 Posts
Mine is hard to get off too, sometimes needing both hands and some swearing, but regular cleaning with water and a bit of o-ring lube smeared around the edges seems to keep it under control.

·
Waiting to see what happens
3,844 Posts
i found not leaving it together for any length of time usually helps.
perhaps thats why i havn't had this prob, tend to pull mine to bits and let it dry out when cleaned :D buts largely coz i'm a lazy arse and cant be arsed to build it back up again :D

·
rEvolutionary HPDW'ing
1,150 Posts
The only times I really struggled getting it off were when I left it on for a few days, still it does'nt seem to be a problem that plagues other units. Well all but one anyway, I never needed a 2x4 to get the Sentinel can open! :)

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
Well all but one anyway, I never needed a 2x4 to get the Sentinel can open! :)
I don't need one for the JJ - it's just that Bailey's a pussy and needs to HTFU. Buying a new rebreather just 'cos he couldn't get the head off without mechanical assistance is a bit OTT :D

·
Registered
608 Posts
Feck it. Mine has been left put together since I departed from Stromness last Friday. Going to take it apart right now .... back in a mo

·
3,844 Posts
Feck it. Mine has been left put together since I departed from Stromness last Friday. Going to take it apart right now .... back in a mo
OOh goody somebody else that doesn't pull it to bits instantly, a couple of days is the longest i've left it tho :D

·
rEvolutionary HPDW'ing
1,150 Posts
I don't need one for the JJ - it's just that Bailey's a pussy and needs to HTFU. Buying a new rebreather just 'cos he couldn't get the head off without mechanical assistance is a bit OTT :D
Bailey's short arms and girly hands aside, when we broke the clothes prop at the Huntsman trying to prise it out I was convinced. Probably his fault some how though!

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
OOh goody somebody else that doesn't pull it to bits instantly, a couple of days is the longest i've left it tho :D
i don't pull it to bits just drop the can off the bottom and drop the scrubber out as well. Everything else stays on it, until such times as i remember i haven't cleaned the counter lung in a while :D

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
Bailey's short arms and girly hands aside, when we broke the clothes prop at the Huntsman trying to prise it out I was convinced. Probably his fault some how though!
well it was the only rebreather he'd ever need but i was i thought it was taking it too far with the only scrubber fill he'd ever need.....:)

·
3,844 Posts
well it was the only rebreather he'd ever need but i was i thought it was taking it too far with the only scrubber fill he'd ever need.....:)
needs to get an apox then, after all thats got a better scrubber duration - alledgedly :p

·
rEvolutionary HPDW'ing
1,150 Posts
needs to get an apox then, after all thats got a better scrubber duration - alledgedly :p
You'll probably find that even the worst commercially available unit has great scrubber duration at 6m. :D

·
Registered
608 Posts
Panic over. It wouldn't budge at first but after some minor level swearing came apart within 30 secs. Now all bits sitting in hot water soaking, temp stick (non-working) rubbed with damp rag, hoses and counterlung rinsed out, I am feeling virtuous.

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh bother.
Something tells me it's coming to bits again...

·
3,844 Posts
Oh bother.
Something tells me it's coming to bits again...

i get that if its been left wet for a bit , seems a little corrosion on the cell jack plug occurs - dry and clean plug and all is restored (at least on mine) :D

·
rEvolutionary HPDW'ing
1,150 Posts
Just tweak the potentiometer until it says what you want it to, then stick your fingers in your ears and go lalalalalalalala!!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts