YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been some interest in the sticky 02 grease that I've been using on my mouth piece. I had been having a few problems with water getting into my loop via the mouth piece lever and after some good advice, I changed the O ring on the lever for a flat rubber plumbing type washer from the local DIY store, and used the sticky 02 grease that used to be used on the Drager mouth pieces. This made the open/ close operation a bit stiffer but hey presto, no more water getting in. :) The other thing was to give the actual rubber mouth piece a good check over. Mine looked a bit slack, so I changed it for a transparent comfort type and left the snaptie locking joint at 3'oclock so it didn't annoy me. The comfort type are a tight fit but that is what I wanted and now everything works fine and feels easier on the jaw. Another thing was suggested for those slightly slack locking clips for the lung connectors was to fit O rings on them. This works a treat and is a simple operation. My local dive shop expert is selling both for anyone who's interested and he can be contacted via the web : [email protected]. John is a respected service engineer/teck diver with alot of experience. Most of all, he's friendly and always ready to help anyone who asks for it. If you're ever heading down to the west country he also has 02 and can deliver 300bar fills.:) :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts