YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. Still no sign of mini Wilbo.. Due yesterday and not a peep. :(

Just waiting for the call now.. I'm at work - and I simply cannot concentrate. They won't give me any work to do - I guess just in case I cannot finish it (or more likely - F**k it up) - so I am sat here in this kind of limbo. A calm before the storm - I know its coming and I know its going to dramatic - but feel just so useless at the moment.. Jenni is at home furiously nesting - despite my protestations.. :rolleyes:

Anyway.. a little bit of fun:
20 pounds to the Liz Hall Pink Coffin appeal to the closest - will judge on weight (and sex, then date/time if we have joint winners). If you want to top that up - then please feel free :)

1 Vonny. 13/4, Girl, 7lb 5oz, Grace
2 Uwila. 20/4, Girl, 8lb 10oz, Willbetta
3 Frosty. 15/4, Boy, 7lb 4oz, Bilbo
4 Jo Rawley. 12/4, Girl, 7lb 9oz, <nameless>
5 Scuttler. 11/4, Girl, 7lb 8oz, Emily
6 Dave Crampton. 18/4, Boy, 10lb 4oz (ouch), Santiago
7 Mal Bridgeman 16/4, Boy, 8lb8oz, Buddy
8 Yazzyfooty 17/4 Girl 6lb 12 oz Faber
9 Neilh 14/4, Boy, 8lb 5, JJ
10 Swissdave 10/4, Boy, 7lb 11oz Frodo (!)
11. Sixsquid 12/4 Girl 6.5lbs Lily
12. Josie 74, boy, 8lbs exactly, Brian
13. Helen 18/4 Girl, 6lb 3oz, Pheobe

·
currently offshore, please leave a message
1,106 Posts
Wilbo,

trust me, if you stress it will hang on in there (they are crafty like that).

just try and chill I know it is hard.

but yes you are right it Will be Dramatic, and if you are anything like me deffinalty have the Klinex ready for the tears at the end.

Good luck

look forward to the pics

Giles :teeth:

Reactions: 3141592654

·
A Moderate from 04/01/07-24/12/12
11,804 Posts
I remember a similar thread a while ago for Mr & Mrs Crampton. There was some really good advice in there about how to start things off. When I say really good I have no idea whether it worked or not but it sounded like really good fun :D

P.S. My prediction stands so chill out and plan to go diving at the weekend :)

Mal

·
Wreck Enthusiast
4,161 Posts
.. Still no sign of mini Wilbo.. Due yesterday and not a peep. :(

Just waiting for the call now.. I'm at work - and I simply cannot concentrate.
I feel for you mate - this bit's the worst!

My missus decided that it would be a good idea for me to know when to drop everything and rush home, so she said she wouldn't phone me unless something was happening... then realised she wanted to talk to me during the following day so gave me a call :embarassed:

It'll happen soon, then you won't know what's hit you. Get some snacks and sandwiches in and a stash of coins for parking :)

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
When my first daughter was born, I had the lights turned down in case the light was too bright for her, had soft music playing, had a silk shawl to wrap her in, in case the hospital stuff was too rough... when she arrived she was so perfect and beautiful I was made up!

A year later 2nd one arrived, I took one look and said to my wife "you've made a mistake, this one's ugly" The midwife nearly killed me.

Good luck to you both, great new adventure and every week, every month and every year she will surprise you, scare you and make you proud. :)

Pete

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Mate, the first little Niknak was 10 days late !

I know it's easy for us to say but try not to sweat it.

Our midwife did actually give us the advice that Mal was alluding to btw, so I think there's more to it than an Old Wives Tale.

Despite all that the little sod decided to start in the middle of M&S in Solihull, and before anyone says anything Mandy would not claim her vouchers, too embarrased.

Apparently if your waters break in M&S they give you a small fortune in vouchers.

I'd get Mrs Wilbo camped out in there mate if I was you :D

Goodluck to you all.

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
I remember a similar thread a while ago for Mr & Mrs Crampton. There was some really good advice in there about how to start things off. When I say really good I have no idea whether it worked or not but it sounded like really good fun :D

P.S. My prediction stands so chill out and plan to go diving at the weekend :)

Mal
Hey, thanks for the mention Mal, and its Miss Chaplin to you matey ;)

Good luck Wilbo!!!, the little un will come along when its good and ready. We had to wait until Josie was called in to the ward to be induced, and three times later on day 14 overdue, after they got the pogo stick out - kidding... :D he arrived. Just get ready for the jaw ache as you'll be grinning for two months afterwards. :D

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All,

thanks for your kind words and good wishes.. :)

Just been into town (2 hr lunch break) to spend more money on this Xbox 360 I've bought.. Still bored.. I wish I could get away with playing in the YD Arcade - but I think that might be taking the p!ss.

(I like the idea of camping out in M&S though.. :D)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Take Mrs W out for a romantic meal, preferably curry, then home, nice warm bath, fluffy towels, candles etc, enjoy your night together :) and, it may just bring on labour..... worked for me....

Best of luck
Donna

·
I went DIR... but my bungies pulled me back!
400 Posts
Good Luck, this is going to be the longest period of your life, so relax and enjoy.

My little lad was due Christmas Day and finally turned up on New Years Eve (got a few good nights ahead there then!). They cant be hurried or bribed ( I did offer him £2.50 if he would get himself moving, didnt work.)

All I will say is take plenty of food, The hospital were happy to feed the wife and gave her drinks and snacks throughout, I on the other hand had to make do with what I could grab out of the vending machines downstairs and in the end I ran off to the Local Hero pub for pint and a curry as I was starving, then ran back for the final event (6 hrs later).

Good luck to both of you, its going to be great!

Darren

·
1,106 Posts
Torbay Hospital has the BIIIGGG advantage of a Mc Donalds opposite the Maternity Ward :teeth:

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Good luck to all three of you when the time does come Wilbo!

Helen xxx

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Stick Jenni next to the bass unit while playing GRAW 2 and I am sure the little thing will be glad to get out to have a quite time :)

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Hey Wilbo, just be a real man and wait for news down the pub :D

When my first was born l though it was marvelous, the second was a bit of a mess with doctors running around and so when the third was due l really didn't want to be there. The High Dudess made me stay though. :D

·
Guru
7,112 Posts
Ask the midwife when normal shagging will resume - just as the baby's poppping out - it always goes down well with everyone :D Fingers crossed for you mate - hope it all goes smoothly /Hx

Reactions: 5363

·
I came, I saw, I dived
552 Posts
The first ones normally late, i'm told about a week.

Then you've got the 48hrs of labour to endure.

If I was you I would use the oppotunity to sleep, you won't get a chance to catch up once it's born. :)

·
1,106 Posts
no sign of WILBO tonight :teeth:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts