YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Charter Boat Skipper, Salvage Diver & YBOD abuser
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Just heard my mate's RIB was stolen at 3.30am this morning, N.Wales- could be anywhere by now.
Distinguishing features:
  YELLOW 6.7m - pointy bow type.
  Console offset to starboard.
  S/Steel A-frame
  125hp engine (I'll have to check on type)
No doubt there will be hefty reward for info leading to it's recovery.

Keep your eye's peeled YDers!

Cheers,
Terry

·
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Just been looking for photie and checking up on more details-
found out the boys in blue have located it tonight:... only slight damage to skeg and a few minor bits missing/damaged......lucky barsteward  

the moral of the story is:
                         If you're going to have your RIB nicked...make sure it's a bright-yellow one!  

I'm sure if the Police hadn't found it the YD-gang would have!

ATB,
           Terry

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

Find the b*****d that had it away, take him for a long ride to sea, and show them what a heavy weight belt is , WITHOUT a drybag and scuba set.

Andy

·
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Find the b*****d that had it away, take him for a long ride to sea, and show them what a heavy weight belt is , WITHOUT a drybag and scuba set.
  A bit too lenient methinks  

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

One of the Oban centres, I think it was Puffin, had one of theirs pirated at sea a couple of years back. Apparently a crowd of guys hired it for the day, came onto the boat with all the right gear and making all the right divery words. Went halfway up the Sound of Mull and told the skipper and deckhand to go to the nearest Island. They were then forcibly removed from the boat on the Island. The RIB appeared on one of the Channel islands X amount of days later getting used to bring asylum seekers over the English Channel. So the story goes anyway!!!

Peter

·
Registered
106 Posts
Imported post

Peter

Just to set the record straight (in case Puffin are reading these posts).  It was Alchemy who had his boat taken.  In fact the sad tale resulted from Andy Jamieson not having made any payments on his new Osprey RHIB.  Osprey decided that they would try and retrieve the boat from Andy.  It all became a little heavy handed and Osprey got a slapped bum over the incident.

Andy, and Alchemy seem to have gone quiet over the past year.

Regards.

Kev

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Cheers Kev,
                That's the jungle drums for you.

Peter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts