YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all

As suggested on the main stoney thread I thought I would start the ball rolling for those of us that require a buddy for the day. So here's me.

I'm a PADI Rescue Diver with only 66 dives logged....only 2 in the UK so far. By then I should have my drystuit sorted. So anyone willing to buddy with a new Drysuit diver please shout.

Also if anyone has space in a car going past or near Cambridge (or anywhere accesible from there) then I would much appreciate it

Another thing occurred to me, as a PADI certified Public Transport Diver, I need to hire tanks and weights for the day, should we get a list together of what we require so we can book them at Stoney or beg/borrow/steal from fellow YD'ers?

Cheers

Conor

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Me - I'll need a buddy, AOW 70 dives - mainly (80%) UK, Stoney and Sea. Have D/s and full kit so nothing required other than a Buddy, dont want to do the HydroBox, too cold too dark and too boring.
Arriving about 10.30 - no way am I getting my arse up at silly o clock on a Saturday.

Matt

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

Ok,

I'll need a buddy too. Will dive with pretty much anyone.

AOW, 50ish dives (half UK), only been to Stoney 4 times. Probably want to do the usual stuff on the 20m shelf, will be diving 15+pony.

Also not keen on getting up too early, so I'll probably be trying to arrive at a more 'civilised' time too.

Tom

·
Never enough time!!!!
86 Posts
Imported post

PADI OWSI, BSAC DL, lots of dives rest on stoney thread here

Looking for a buddy, will be in DS with 12 ltr cyl, pretty good on air. Never done Stoney so would like someone who knows the layout reasonably well (but I get the feeling getting lost won't be a problem - just follow the closest pair heading sort of homeish!!)

Pretty easy on doing anything you want, it'll all be new to me there!!

John

·
Registered
280 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>aow  bsac adv diver
300 ish dives
70 below 40m
95% done in uk coastal waters
own kit will dive with anyone

·
Registered
78 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>I'll buddy with any of ya...(now that Ian has buggered off round the world)
Nige, PADI rescue with 50+ dives in the cove so I know my way around a little! Hope you had a good Crimbo Matt, did Santa bring any new diving goodies?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Imported post

Been to stoney a few times
Im PADI Rescue Diver,
40 ish dives
Have own gear just need a buddy

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nige pierce @ Jan. 09 2004,16:29)]I'll buddy with any of ya...(now that Ian has buggered off round the world)
Nige, PADI rescue with 50+ dives in the cove so I know my way around a little! Hope you had a good Crimbo Matt, did Santa bring any new diving goodies?
Hey Nigel,

I'm trying to tidy-up the Stoney gig attendance list. Can you please confirm/deny that you are number 23 on the current list or whether that is a separate Nigel?? If it's not you, I need to get you on the list!

Cheers,

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dodo @ Jan. 10 2004,15:07)]if anybody needs a buddy there are a few of us from london willing to help out
Hey Dodo,

Please can you let me know numbers and names so I can add them to the current list?? I notice that you're not currently on the list and I'm trying to get a clear idea of numbers for the gig.

Cheers in advance.

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Imported post

Hi there, I'm happy to buddy with anyone.

BSAC DL, 150 dives, know my way around Stoney reasonably well. Crap air consumption but I'll be diving the twins so it won't matter.

I'll be coming up from East London, and am happy to give someone a lift up if needs be. I'll prolly do M11 then A14 so if you still need a lift Conor I might be able to give you a lift up (although it might be a one-way trip as I might be meeting the missus later on)

Laters,
   Janos

·
Registered
6 Posts
Imported post

Hi Bren,
Kim H told me about the gig and hope to bring about 10 up with us,dont know what time on sat but hope to be early just to get a space in the car park!!
see you all there

Dodo

·
Registered
321 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi all,

I might need a buddy also if my regular buddy Phil does'nt come.  

PADI AOW with about 40+ dives and i do usually get lost in the murkey Stoney pea soup so anyone who can navigate for me will be a bonus.

Got all my own gear though.

·
The Artist known formerly as 'ScubaRGN2'
386 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Padi AOWD 100+ dives fair on air diving on twins will dive stoney with anyone i almost know my way around it now. got all my own kit just might need a buddy.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>HSE pt 1 with supervisors endorsement.
Bsac D/L and ADV nitrox
Saa  D/s and all the bullshit

over 4400 dives , 470 hours in 2003 alone in dover harbour .

ermmmmm

Oh yeah ,,

Will need a box of biros and 20 buckets .

Will not need no other kit ,,,,, WILL WEAR MY HI VIZ JACKET WITH """"""" taurus diving """"""""""" across the back shoulder panel , so you all can find me .

·
Registered
78 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>Bren,
I did write that I'd be there on the 21st ages ago so it probably is me at no.23. Hope that clears it up a little.

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Imported post

Janos

Sorry, just noticed the post, That would be very cool if its possible....I can always hassle some of the other over a beer for a lift back

Let me know if it is still possible nearer the time

Cheers

Conor

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Imported post

There are 3 of us coming up to stoney so if someone need to tag on, its not a problem

Sean

Sorry should have said all AOW/NITROX 100 or so dives, Pete uses a FFM only been to Stoney a few times and we allways seem to get lost there..  Never found the mini's

·
Registered
18 Posts
Imported post

all my own kit.......just need a buddy.  40ish dives, only been to Stoney twice.....bit rusty on navigation but make up for it with pretty nifty air consumption ! Not really interested in doing deep (no rude answers please!) Very new member to YD so please be gentle with me .......

Jane

1 - 20 of 81 Posts