YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Me and t'other 'alf will be going to Stoney next Wednesday for a bit of practise in the drysuits and a pootle about.  if anyone else will be there, or wants to come along, it'd be great to meet you.

Fingers crossed it will be sunny, windless and empty.....can I sell my soul for one of the above??

:bubble_fish:  

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Some of us daily paid people cant afford mid-week dives, but does that make us jealous - NO of course it doesnt. Hope you get on OK, the left hand side is usually empty even when its busy and you might get to see the pike. Have fun and let me know what the temps are like will you cos I'm there on Saturday (30th with Scott from DiveFun.co.uk) to do the same as you i.e. toes up jobbies. I wont bother looking at the weather forecast it will be wrong anyway.
Matt

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

I didn't ask you Matt, coz I knew you wouldn't be able to go and would just get jealous!

I have hols to use up, so might as well take advantage, eh?!

Never dived Stoney before, only had a pint there.  Shall be sticking to the 6/7m shelf for this trip, hopefully getting the weighting and trim sorted out OAFA.

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

I am planning to be there on Friday 29th if anyone is interested in a dive

·
PSAI Instructor Trainer
199 Posts
Imported post

A quick update on Stoney..

dived at stoney today Wednesday the 20th. (I like this midweek diving arrived at 9 am and still plenty of parking by the jetty!)

water temp was 12'c on the board 11'c on my Vyper vis was quite good at about 5 to 6 m, despite it raining, and there was even one or two fish about. However the highlight of the visit still remains as the bacon and bri butties in the pub!  Oh one word of negative caution, friends were setting out a nav course and had left out a number of reels and dsmb's to mark the areas etc. and came back half an hour later to find someone had cut a reel off and tied that particular dsmb on the landrover chassis.. So not all those divers under there are honest and nice...

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Lou,
never dived Stoney and you a Southerner, shame on you girl.
Go round to the left from the slipway and you'll have a shelf, good viz and life. But do be carefull of the drop off as the shelf is quite narrow (from memory of a single visit round there)

Ben - even if I call in sick I dont get paid and fabulous as Stoney is I'm not loosing a days pay over it. ;-)

Ian - I think you are right cos some thieving tuareg swiped my s/s flask, didnt matter it leaked like a sieve anyway.

Have fun peeps.

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts