YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I am not a number
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I'm fancying a couple of dives at Stoney during the dull bit between Xmas and New Year, but my regular buddy won't be around. Would prefer the Tuesday, but Monday's OK.

PADI AOW with 38 dives.

PM or e-mail me if interested.

Cheers,
Jeremy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>i am up for monday 29, just started my advanced. 15 dives logged. dry suit done! but only one practice dive. can do monday 29 dec ring if you want.07899853979 if you dont fancy a novice dry suit buddy then not too worry, merry xmas anyway.

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

Actually, i could do this one.  I'm not working so I may be able to sort out the kiddy...

watch this space.

·
I am not a number
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Simon & Andy,
There's 4 of us now fixed up to meet on the 30th at 11 - me, Balders, MattBinn, and Sheff43.

Looks like you two are on for the 29th, but if you want to come along on the 30th you're more than welcome.
And that goes for anyone else who wants to work off some of the Christmas pud.

Cheers,
Jeremy.

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

i meant either day so the 30th is fine for me..

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>OK OK. I'll pop along for a pootle I think. I can show you lot my hood-mounted lights.

Andy, are you anywhere near the ND factory? I've just been quoted a tenner to post some sodding fins! I know you got yours from there, and wondered if you could pick me up a pair? Pretty please? For a Digger?

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

it's about an hour away!!!
pay the tenner, student:D

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>An hour? I thought up north an hour was the standard walk from t' pit every morning. That was only because they'd not invented t' car in them days....

Oh go on. There must be someone over that way you fancy harassing between now and then? I tell ou what, you bring jetfins, you can stay at Dig's B&B the night before, and then you've only got a 45 minute drive on the morning.

As an aside, what size are your jets? I'm a size 10, but the thick neoprene boots I use has caused problems with my normal jets, which are supposed to be 7-11s. I'd better post them on the Personals actually.

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

XXL

talk to ben, he lives near ND...

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I suppose. Well, one sulking student has an e-mail to send. Well, in my day we never used to have to pay postage at all...

I'll bring along my attempt at a sidemount rig if you like. Most of the time in Stoney I end up using a Commando as they won't let me dive without backup buoyancy. They'd let me dive in a wing in a wetsuit, but I can't fly the drysuit on its own.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Imported post

I'll be playing at Stoney on the 30th with a crowd from the local dive shop so feel free to say hello.  I'll be the one wearing . . . . erm . . . black  

(O3 suit, twin 12's on a DR wing, driving a blue vectra (out of the water))

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>If I can shake this cold I will try to make the 30th, are you all still meeting at 11?

Have a cool yule y'all

Safe diving,
Steve.

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

OK, I think I'll come out to play on the 30th as well. Looks like there's going to be quite a crowd.

Who's meeting where at what time? and does anyone fancy diving with me? (AOW, 50ish dives, looking for a pootle round the dubious attractions of the 20m shelf).

Tom

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>hi tom fancy a dip again? getting bored with revision so will probably be out to play (and try new regs

)

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I am happy to fall in with anyones dive plan, so what time?

I will try to get near the toilet block and will be in a green focus estate Y266 GCH

Safe diving,
Steve.

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mary @ Dec. 28 2003,10:30)]hi tom fancy a dip again? getting bored with revision so will probably be out to play (and try new regs

)
Yeah, sounds great. Maybe we can find the bus this time

Can I tentatively suggest meeting in front of the map at 11 on the 30th?  Little bit nicer than hanging round the toilet block  

I'll be in a blue vauxhall corsa reg P302.

Tom

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I'll be there at 11, no problem. Don't mind who I'm diving with, anyone who hasn't been before or who hasn't found certain features (ie the bus Tom & Mary!) might want to come along, the only thing I can't guarantee is the hydrobox, which I swear moves every time I dive.

Mary, can you bring me a couple o'tanks from Nottingham? I've got to get sorted with my rig, but might just borrow a set of club gear for the day to save arsing around with everything. I'll PM/call later.

I'm in the sexy little metro. J261. As if you guys won't recognise me from the avatar!

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

Map at 11 it is then.

i'm in a blue probe.  And i can guarantee anyone the Hydrobox...:p

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I'll have you know i know exactly where the bus is it's just I can't read the map upside-down

I shall probably be around a bit before 11 with a largish pile of bits of kit looking confused about how to put them back together with digger looking pissed off at me infront of a red Bravo N589 KUM (no comments about the number plate please
)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts