YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 423 Posts

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I thought it would be nice to ease ourselves through the off-season with a bit of a YD gathering.

I've chosen Stoney only because it is fairly central so most people should be able to get there.

So, how about YD descending en-masse on the place? A great opportunity to finally meet all those people that you've been ripping the piss out of all year and settle those old scores face to face!

I'm sure there'll be a little diving involved but I was thinking of it as more of a beer and social type event. If we can get accommodation sorted we can make a weekend of it.

How about a theme? Fancy dress? Anything you fancy - just post it.

So come on then - who's up for it!  

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

If I'm not working then count me in.

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

Can't commit myself until nearer the time, but it sounds like a plan and if I'm free I'd be up for it.

Theme: how about Dom's idea of lifting the Stanegarth with weather balloons?

Tom

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

I reckon we should go for a diving fancy dress. That way we're bound to end up in Diver. It also makes us instantly recognisable to each other. There was a bunch of guys last year who went in right near Xmas with full on santa suits, but their masks and everything ended up all over the cove.

What about a T party? Come as anything beggining with the letter T. Or a P party, or an S party....

I'll be there on the day, anyway, as for pretty much all the Stoney gigs! Doug, you going to brave it again? Bring that stove business with you, eh?

I've got beds at mine, and there are others nearby that I'm sure can coordinate with us, so I don't mind doing Digger's B&B for the weekend!

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Digger @ Dec. 04 2003,19:49)]I reckon we should go for a diving fancy dress.
OK so a normal dive for me then  

l hate stoney feckin' cove, but l'll come along for the booze.

added
Bummer just realised the date, wedding aniversary on the 18th and da bitches birthday on the 23rd, however l'll try and talk her into a romantic weekend at Stoney wonderfull cove.

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

what if we organise a Yd saturday night party at Digs' digs.

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (andy2tanx @ Dec. 04 2003,21:29)]what if we organise a Yd saturday night party at Digs' digs.
<font color='#000080'>Now that's the spirit exactly! How about it, Digs? Get your exams out of the way and then a big blow-out!

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Count me in

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (diving dude @ Dec. 04 2003,20:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Digger @ Dec. 04 2003,19:49)]I reckon we should go for a diving fancy dress.
OK so a normal dive for me then  

l hate stoney feckin' cove, but l'll come along for the booze.

added
Bummer just realised the date, wedding aniversary on the 18th and da bitches birthday on the 23rd, however l'll try and talk her into a romantic weekend at Stoney wonderfull cove.
Yep likewise.  my lovely wifes birthday on the 23rd.

Of course your description also works but someone might report back on me.

I'm in..  Fancy dress,  Name the theme!  

Dazb

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ Dec. 04 2003,22:06)]I'm in..  Fancy dress,  Name the theme!  
l've dressed up as a girlie three times and twice l've won first prize.

The last one l was an overweight St. Trinnians school girl with tatoos on both forearms.  

It was worth it because all three offspring very embarrassed.

The time before that we are in a hotel in tenerife, l'm on stage dressed as a girlie and my 16yr old son walks in with a girl he'd met and sits with her parents, looks up at the stage and it dawns on him that its his dad on stage.  

As l've said many times its a dads job to embarrass his kids and l do a great job.

·
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>How about a hawaian BBQ?

Bermuda shorts, loud shirts and sunglasses in the middle of winter - 'cos we're well 'ard! Enough to be fun - not so much as to frighten off the shy and faint-hearted.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>I'm game for a laugh, so just about anything goes! It is Liz's birthday on the 19th, but I don't think the water temp will suit her!!!

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

It depends on if I'm doing a sea trip the weekend before but if not I'll be there. Must be bleedin mental Stoney Cove in Feb, could it be any worse. Yeah, not being there if its a YD bash.

Come on you lot lets take over the place. Any chance we could organise the whole of the bottom park YD only.

Matt

·
Registered
488 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>What's an off-season?
I was thinking of organising a Stoney day for the wimps in our club who do take a break just to make sure everything's still in working order for the new year, and a chance for them to check their kit out as well.  
This would be ideal so I'm up for it.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#3BB9FF'>I'm up for dressing up!!!

I like the hawaian BBQ idea...might be a bit chilly!!!!

x x x

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Taking Digger's idea of a "T party" - start up a spin-off of extreme ironing, and do an extreme tea party - take a table, chairs, and tea set down to the Hydrobox

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

You going Dom?
It would be nice to meet after 'chatting' for so long at a distance.

And I could get a good look at the way you set up your wing, if you still have it.

Matt

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

I dunno - it's against my religion to go to Stoney on a weekend

But it's my birthday on the 26th, so I might get some free drinks out of it...

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Mine on the 14th.
Ahhhh Valentine's day baby.

Cant imagine it will be throbbing in Feb somehow, just a small crush I think.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

I think the hawaiian party is the answer. it's going to look plain ridiculaous, and we can stuck loud shorts and shirts over drysuits! Yay! I'm going to look like such a goon!

I think we have our theme. Now, for the piss-up. I've got quite a bit of space at mine, but I warn you - you'll need your own sleeping bag, and soething soft to sleep on. I'll try and get rid of some housemates to free up some beds. We can find alternative accommodation with various other students I'm sure, should be easy.

1 - 20 of 423 Posts