YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

With the recent upsurge in bandwidth usage on YD (its HUGE), the gallery has been suspended (ie no new galleries will be hosted on YD), I have uploaded some piccies taken today onto my personal server. These were taken with Andy2tanx's new digital camera (and converted to mono by me for atmospheric effect). I reckon they are really good!

LINK

·
Registered
118 Posts
Imported post

I can't see a quick way to tell, but have you got mod_gzip running?  If you haven't, may I reccomend it -- it can make a serious difference to bandwidth useage.  The piccies are quite cool by the way, B&W appears to be in fashion for wreck  photos

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

Not got mod_gzip installed - am looking into it now. Phil - I think the photos are great but Andy took them! The one with me looking like I am asleep was actually me repairing a fin strap that came undone mid dive!

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Dave Williamson on 10:32 pm on Feb. 27, 2003
Bloody ell that viz looks quite spiffy... who was the third diver?
<span =''>
We had Nigel Waller (our resident traffic policeman!) and Steve Summers. Both great lads and we had a couple of excellent dives (fin problems apart!). Viz was over 5 metres which wasn't bad - bloody cold after Gran Canaria last week - I swear my bollocks retreated so far inside my body cavity that I looked like a turkey!)

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from ROBERT BEALE on 1:23 pm on Feb. 28, 2003
EXCELLENT PICS,WHICH DIGITAL CAMERA WAS IT...
<span =''>
Not sure Robert as it is Andy's new toy - its a Sony something!

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Does that explain why you've got 6 balls and Peter's only got 4. Great pics, there was a guy looking for pics he could 'borrow' on Handbag.net I pointed him to those as he wanted realistic UK pics. He's doing a web site, so I suggested he asked if he could 'buy' them.
Matt

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

thank god you didn't post the one of me in my Freddy Mercury disguise :yelclap:

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Freddy Mercury disguise?

Whats that? a coffin!!!

Consider my coat to be on ....

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Nice to meet some of the YD Hierarchy.

They might take me seriously now that they`ve seen me in my drysuit.

Tried my new three fingered mitts, very good, hands still effin cold but bearable.

Great pics, would be interested to know what camera and cost.

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

Camera is a Sony DSC-P9 with Marine pack coming in  at £600(ish) for the two.  try www.camerasunderwater.co.uk the service was excellent, less than 24 hours from ordering to getting it in my grubby little mitts!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts