YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
16,208 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>They don't have a website (this is something that I think they really could do with) but there are sites that you can get information from that are run by other people/centres that dive there.

What do you want to know? Prices? Maps? Directions? Ask away, I can probably help.

Digs.

· Just not enough dive time.
9,000 Posts
Imported post

Best of luck with the OW.
Search the web is the easy answer, dont take that the wrong way, there are plenty (well a couple at least) of decent sites for Stoney, their own site relates to their shop only I believe.

HTH
Matt

· Not as tall in real life
3,947 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Not much in the way of overall pictures but there are a few site maps around.

http://www.dive-pro-select.co.uk/stoney-cove.htm

Map under underwater attractions.

The site is not bad (Really !!) and the facilities are OK.  I think it is a lot safer place to dive than many coastal sites etc.

They have a rescue boat and O2 on hand.  The actual diving is OK and I would hazard a guess that most of your OW dives will be spent on the shallow ledge near the edge but there is some nice stuff to have a look at.

Enjoy it,  I am sure you will.

Daz

· Registered
16,208 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I'd go as far as Stoney beng one of the safest sites in the UK. OK, the statistics are there, but we all know why that is. The rescue services are second to none, on site facilities and a clear, recognised emergency plan for everyone.

But they are crap at food. So far, the only reliably decent grub I've had there is a chicken burger, which retails at a nice £2.50!!! We play chip roulette. Except it's one in six of them that's cooked properly, so you lose most of the time.

Plenty to see, good for training, and does the job for most of the diving that we need to train people for. Obviously none of the considerations of coastal diving, but then I'm yet to have a day blown out at Stoney!!!

I like it, and it's easy to bimble around in there. I've managed to find my perfect kit setup through playing around in there, and now they're thinking about letting me dive in salty water. Yay!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.