YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Team Starburst
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having been blown out of a salty dive, Plan B was exercised with completing a course at Stoney.

As for skills and diving. We did all sorts of strange rope throwing tricks, some form of controlled lifts, shutting down cylinders, mask replacements. I even had an out of gas instructor throwing a complete wobbly and going into panic mode. Honestly you would expect him to have coped better with the lousy viz. I mean I gave him a working reg, calmed him down and even helped him to ascend.

Apparently am now qualified to:
Undertake a wide range of adventurous and challenging diving (or diving with Howard (Dud))
Manage and supervise diving to explore unfamiliar locations (anything near Eastbourne then)
Manage and supervise diving activities including utilising developing technology and techniques (get me that marine boy oxygen gum)

:)
As you may have gathered the syllabus was added to in one or two places-to make it a little more challenging for us. Diving the Wright way, it suits me.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Congratulations! :teeth:

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
well done ian !
glad you had a good day at the cove ! as for the viz ! yesterday was no different until we got over the far side of the hole and over to the plane ! the viz was ok over there !! it was a 60 minute dive though !!! hopefully next some salty stuff !!!

best wishes leigh :teeth:

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Having been blown out of a salty dive, Plan B was exercised with completing a course at Stoney.

As for skills and diving. We did all sorts of strange rope throwing tricks, some form of controlled lifts, shutting down cylinders, mask replacements. I even had an out of gas instructor throwing a complete wobbly and going into panic mode. Honestly you would expect him to have coped better with the lousy viz. I mean I gave him a working reg, calmed him down and even helped him to ascend.

Apparently am now qualified to:
Undertake a wide range of adventurous and challenging diving (or diving with Howard (Dud))
Manage and supervise diving to explore unfamiliar locations (anything near Eastbourne then)
Manage and supervise diving activities including utilising developing technology and techniques (get me that marine boy oxygen gum)

:)
As you may have gathered the syllabus was added to in one or two places-to make it a little more challenging for us. Diving the Wright way, it suits me.

You haven't started this extra training due to your buddy choice for the Pikemaster returns trip have you? :D

Safe diving,
Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts