YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

OK I know its summer and we/I should be in the Briney but I had a good excuse.

Nitrox course - only place we could meet the Instructor and Lou/Caroline and check out my boys dry-suit all in one day.

All 4 of us passed the course, can you fail? So we could use Devils gas for our Farnes trip in two weeks.
The boys neck seal didnt let any water in, mind it didnt let any blood through either, might just be a tad tight. Lou reckons I have a style all of my own from the bus stop. I didnt think she had recognised me, I think it was another diver.

2 dives one on Nitrox the other on air left me feeling a lot less tired than usual, although the slide show almost put me to sleep. Well worth the effort, we shall be using it for the moment to build in a safety reserve and a safer dive.

Oh yeah - trip report - Stoney was full and viz was poor, not as poor as Wraysbury when Mark went but not as clear as it has been in the past. Water temp 20 something - nice and warm in the dry suit so didnt really notice.
Matt

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MATTBIN @ Sep. 08 2003,14:21)]Lou reckons I have a style all of my own from the bus stop. I didnt think she had recognised me, I think it was another diver.
Imagine a kind of bunny-hop with can-can kick and you pretty much have it! ;)

The fact that we girls were left in the pub, swotting up and eating chips (
) due to my squeaky ear from Plymouth doesn't get a mention I see.

The good thing about not diving at Stoney was getting there at 1pm and not caring about parking at the top, and not paying to get in.  Mind you I reckon we paid in bar prices whilst we were waiting for Matt & Adam to stop fannying around getting wet.  £2.30 for a pint of coke!!!

The slide show was dreadful, but at least it wasn't a PADI video with nail-extension and lycra reef suits.

Lou

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

I tell you that wasnt me woman, you need new glasses.

Tell me about the bar prices - they've gone up quicker than an inverted dry suit.

2 pints of shandy (well I am from Darn Sarf, 1 for me, 1 for the boy) a packet of crisps and a larger for the Instructor (the girls had drinks - honest) £7.40, bloody hell!

I didnt think it fair to mention physical problems Lou, you dont mention mine do you  

I knew if I hung in long enough I could claim to dive when you had woosed out.

Fannying around ? Pre dive buddy checks and a relaxed entry is the way I would put it, nah expect you're right (again).

Matt

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

If it wasn't you then Adam went for a dive with a stranger........can't miss *his* drysuit from a distance!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts