·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Did a dive in Stoney today, according to Mr Suunto;
Air Temp 2 degC
Water Temp 7 degC

First time I ever got in the water to warm up, my toes finally ceased to be a single numb unit after 20 mins in the car on the way home.

Andrew

·
Registered
676 Posts
Imported post

EEEHHHH its right what they say about them southerners. Capernwray water temp 5degs, 70 min dive wi just mi speedos on. Came out wi more air than I went in with.
Oh allright its all a lie, bit chilly isnt it.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Yeah, these 7-degree warm water divers!

Wraysbury, Jan 1st - 5 degrees! Didn't come out till my cylinder was down to 50bar!

(Mind you, I only started with 100..)

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Hmm

Have to be honest, it was OK in the water, it was out that stung a bit.

Bit of an experiance really, doing SMB practice, one of the guys I was in with lost his feet and was down to 50 bar after 22mins. Tad under weighted, ended up with me hanging onto his feet and the other guy his harness whilst feeding him air.

On the whole it made for a fun dive. Where's Lou and Caroline when you need them eh!

Andrew

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Imported post

Bit cold here to Air temp is 25 and water a cilly 22 C. I want a dry suit.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Hi Andy!

We were there on Saturday, in the freezing fog.  Quite an experience.  You could see further under water than you could above, the water in our masks and on our wrist seals froze in the hour surface interval and we had to take a compass bearing to get back to the quay when we got lost in in the Navigation competition and surfaced over past the Stanegarth it was so foggy!

Ho hum.

Remind me why we do it again....

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

AndyP, it was 0c in the air the other week and 7c in the water, all I had on was a pair of trunks (ask Lou, when she stops laughing) and an undersuit, toasty - get a weezle extreme. Oh and a dry-suit etc. plus some Xeotherm socks, before anyone comes up with some smart arse answers.
Matt

(Edited by MATTBIN at 11:47 am on Jan. 13, 2003)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

January 3rd, Coniston, water 3 degrees, no drysuit or wetsuit!
Why man yuz ar aal a buncha jessies yeez lot!  
Chee-az
Steve

PS it was involuntary, capsized my mates kayak in about four feet of water and had to pull the spraydeck off to get out  - doh!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Imported post

eeh it was a bit brass monkey at the cove on saturday...Decided to go down the shot line to the Stanegarth but then realised we couldn't  see the bugger ...ice everywhere, first time I've seen spit freeze on the inside of a mask...definitely warmer in than out...lets go again!! gotta go, Sons and Lovers is gettin' all steamy again!!

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Oh the pleasures of diving in this weather.  Not to mention seeing a diving at Vobster the other weekend trying to pick his fins up after they had frozen to the floor while he was getting out of his drysuit......

Daz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts