YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

2004?  of course not its 2003 - Sometime I am a fool.

Right some of us are planning to meet up at Stoney on the 5th of October (2003!) before our jaunt to the Red S....ah, sorry, HULL.

So, as Doug had confessed to having never been there before I'd thought we'd make an event of it.  So who's up for it?

I'm not organising anything, just extending the invite.

We could however agree to meet up the night before for a beer and curry?  I can organise that

ps if anybody wants to do a Liveaboard from the 2 Nov then let me know. £750 Northern Itinerary.

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>5th October? sounds good to me, A definite maybe from me. Accomodation? I stayed at a pub up there for a Stoney weekend once but cant think where it was, it was full of dogs, and we drank WAY too much (1 of each of the spirits on display) and a few beers followed by the curry house around the corner.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

I'm up for that. At least i'll have someone to dive near/with.  I've heard that they won't let you dive solo up there so getting one of my local mates was the only option, now they can sod off.  I just told my wife that i'm doing it and hardly got slagged at all so i won't mention it again until the Saturday before and i might get away with it.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

It is a weekend John.  I was only going to shoot up for the day though, A bit too far North for my liking,  you'll be talking me into Wales next.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

Maybe from me too! don't think I'll do the accomodation when my bed is only 1/2 hour away though. I'll have a chat with digger when he gets back from his hols and see if he fancies joining us too.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

Only 235 miles, that's a doddle.  I've done Ramsgate and back in a day from Plymouth.  I'm still going for it if only to see if Digger refuses to dive with me.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Sorry, guys, I'll be on Vancouver Island then.......next time, maybe.

Lou

p.s.  Digger, if you need a reference for Doug, so that you feel confident in not diving with him i can supply you with one, have not dived with him extensively in Plymouth!

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

My favourite place - put me down guys, should I re-phrase that?

So who's getting there at silly o'clock and reserving car spaces in the bottom park. I'll be there abouy 10 so you guys will need to keep a space for me  

Matt

·
Registered
223 Posts
Imported post

I would have joined you that weekend, but I've finally got me a place on Wavedancer II in the Farnes so will have to decline...!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

not getting there silly early either, I find optimum is about 10am when some start leaving from the bottom and you stand a chance of a decent space without playing silly buggers at dawn. (also it's the weekend and it has to be something special to get me out of bed before 9.)

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mary @ Sep. 07 2003,17:30)].... my bed is only 1/2 hour away though.
Cool.

Right, we all crash at Mary's then?

Mary, I expect a full on English Breakfast in the early morn - especially as it's Sunday and I'm sure the others would appreciate it too.

As I'm in first I bagsie the spare bed - all you other buggers get the coal shed.

Mary - you alright with the plan?  And thick-cut back bacon not a problem for you?  Oh and it has to be beef and pork sausages with Irish black pudding.  Cheers.

You can do crispy fried bread yeah, or the plan's off!

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mary @ Sep. 08 2003,15:26)]not getting there silly early either,
Of course not - especially with our breakfast to cook.

[tim runs and hides]

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Sounds like a plan.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]only 1/2 hour away
Where abouts are you then Mary? I'm about that distance away as well.

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Bloody hell, Tim! I was only expecting the three of us to get together for a quick dip before the holiday. It's now a full blown YD gig (at Stoney?).

Well, the more the merrier, and all welcome!

I'm only getting back from a week's holiday in Dorset with Mrs D (no diving, sob) late on the Saturday, so won't be doing the over night at Mary's (!) and will probably be arriving late in the morning. All that crap viz will good preparation for the diving to come!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

What have I got myself into..........I only said maybe,

you do realise that I live in a student house so no spare beds but sofa availability is a possibility (one of which is practically a bed), and there's always tent space.

as for breakfast, when have you ever got a girl to cook black pudding? and as for fried bread... CARBS ARE EVIL

I'm sure we can manage curry and beer though, (see you're getting out of all your responsibilities tim).

oh and I live near Queen's med in nottingham so half an hour but MarkD would probably tell me off if he looked at the speedo so sorry mark

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mary @ Sep. 09 2003,07:26)]as for breakfast, when have you ever got a girl to cook black pudding? and as for fried bread... CARBS ARE EVIL
Aha, so an Atkins convert!

I must admit Mary that that's very accomodating of you.

I haven't tried a sofa bed for years - it's worth doing it for the nostalgia alone - its a memory thing, ya know - younger days, drunken nights, sleep where you hit the deck.  Still I'm past that now - 2 weeks and going strong - yeah, go me.

Eer, actually replace the 2 for 6 and the weeks for years and you'd be hitting the mark - the arrival of kiddies tends to have that sobering effect!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

BTW you do realise that digger's house (who also lives with tiewrapdiver- or whatever he decided to call himself) is a full 5 minutes closer to stoney?

Maybe I should warn him before he comes home off his hols or maybe not

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Imported post

Yup, CARBS ARE EVIL!!!! Gimme a steak any day!

Mary, dump this carb muncher - me and Doug could do with a pad.  Ask Tim what he and I had at the last gig - I think it was a rack of ribs and a chicken each  

Mind you, Doug can kip in his van.  Looks like it's just you and me for the full English then!  

By the way, I want it clear that I am taking my Buddy bottle with me (that should keep Digger away!)

1 - 20 of 100 Posts