Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

I hear Hull is nice?

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Is is me just being stupid, but what is the point of organising Stoney trips when the sea's so bleedin lovely right about now?
Not a slagging, genuinely interested. Honest.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

Don't start with Hull is nice. There'll be trouble. If you care for this little Digger, all on his own because his trousers have more of a say than his head, you'll tell me that Hull was crap. And that you wouldn't go back there for love nor money. And especially not for diving. Please?

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Dunno what you did mate, but I reckon it's fair to say you shoud've kept your legs crossed, given the info so far

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

The thread was a while back, something about GPS and diving in St. Ives. Basically, it all went a litle bit nasty. Due to my lack of understanding on the subject of monogamy. One e-mail later, and I was sans bird.

All in all, a scorned woman is a very dangerous thing, to be avoided and controlled at all costs. They can also really balls up a nice days diving on a wreck I may never do again as I think I've been banned from the entire town. I'm certainly not going to be popular in the local, that's all I can say. And the boat operators are mostly aware of who I am and what I did to that lovely little girl they all grew up with. Damn!

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

OK, here's an answer as to why one might go to Stoney when the sea is nice....

For example, you might live a long way from the sea (let's say 3 hours) and becuase of this and DIY obligations you might not have actually been able to go and see the sea for a long time.  You may very well be pissed off at this state of affairs but the best compromise you can get is a day at Stoney that lets you get wet, do a whole load of practise and skill that might be a bit rusty after a month out of the water, and all easily - no trekking, air on tap, and only an hour up the road instead of a 3 hour slog through holiday traffic.:angry:

Never mind...only a couple more weeks and I will be able to see the sea again....*sigh*

ho hummm

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Sounds about right to me Lou, add to that you dont have hordes of idiots flying about on jetskis using SMB's as target practice, perhaps that's why I prefer spring/autumn for Sea diving.
Still hols next week and I'm not complaining about a bit of expected Sea water.

Matt

·
Have You Seen My 'Demi-john'?
997 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rob Evans @ Aug. 04 2003,22:42)]Is is me just being stupid, but what is the point of organising Stoney trips when the sea's so bleedin lovely right about now?
Not a slagging, genuinely interested. Honest.
YES

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

What, YES I am stupid?  All right, it's a fair cop.

Then again - Stoney's a 3hr drive for me and Eastbourne marina's 20min, Brighton's 45min, Dover's 60min & Littlehampton's 80min (much MUCH less in the Jag at 5AM as I discovered on Sunday
).

As our dear leader Mr Tony Blair says - relocation, relocation, relocation.

And all you smug gits in Devon & Cornwall with all that lovely vis can just ferk off right now  

PS Lou - keep the faith. The future's out there and it tastes salty.  Um. Errrr...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As our dear leader Mr Tony Blair says - relocation, relocation, relocation.
close..."re-election, re-election, re-election"

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Ok, now you are just making it worse, Rob!

I am starting to think that maybe instead of getting the Oxford Times etc to look for jobs I should get anything that has sea nearby instead!

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Go for it Lou, no kids means you can re-locate to suit yourself, once they are at School it becomes so much more difficult.

Still a couple of years from now Adam might just be at a South Coast uni - his Mum will want to be near him, so there is hope.

Is that sea or C?
Matt

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rob Evans @ Aug. 05 2003,23:36)]What, YES I am stupid?  All right, it's a fair cop.

you said it dude!

And all you smug gits in Devon & Cornwall with all that lovely vis can just ferk off right now  

he he he
regards

trox  

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Nice one tas

Lou - you've gone and picked the most awkward spot in England to be based from from a diving point of view. You want to live in Hull you do. Or Grimsby. On second thoughts, Stoney's not such a bad bet after all.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>hey Rob

the daggers are sheathed dude.

just out of interest,  what give's with the 0 to ban in 9 seconds

regards

mark

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

20 yr old Jag XJS. Most of interior thrown away & replaced with roll cage. Serious wheels, tyres, brakes, suspension. Seam welded chassis. 7litre dry sump V12, Cosworth box & pistons. TWR crank. Knocking out about 550BHP+, can't tell for sure cos the dyno cried enough at 530  
Road legal, but a bit marginal on that one just cos of the din.

7MPG

It rumbles, farts, bellows (great), howls (f*cking incredible), spits flames (cool) & costs me bloody fortunes in tyres, fuel & insurance (very bad).  But then again it does 0-100 in 9 and 150 in 19. Which makes it all worth it. Tidy handler, but I get murdered by me mate in my old Caterham in the corners. Then again I slaughter him (and everybody else apart from 750+ bikes) on the straights. That's why the other car is a diesel. A Xantia. God it hurts to drive that thing on a Monday morning after a mental weekend in The Evil One.

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rob Evans @ Aug. 08 2003,00:19)]0-100 in 9 and 150 in 19.
Hi Rob,

Whats so special about the above figures, my 16yr old transit van does the same.

l presume we're talking yards/ minutes

1 - 19 of 19 Posts