YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
It doesn't look like that from where I'm sitting..
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem a little strange to post on a diving forum, but as I know you lot are a world of useless knowledge...

I'm after a 2metre length (approx) of railway track. Not the model railway stuff (before you all start getting clever and taking the p1ss) but a proper piece of track - it's just been requested by my work shop foreman; but I haven't got a clue where to start, other than taking a crow bar to my local train/tram line... but then I don't think I'll be very popular.
Close to me in the North West/ Manchester area if possible.

Pete

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
I'd try contacting your local steam railway enthusiasts, a donation to their restoration fund should help. Not sure who they are up there, but you could try these guys. www.east-lancs-rly.co.uk/ -

Pete

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
Can't you just go down to Toton sidings Woz and get some "Woz-track" ?
:D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Pete, will try and get a contact number/e-mail address for you for the infrustucture department at work and see if they can help. There's loads laying around at work, that being Longsight Train Depot and i don't mean the stuff the trains still run on. It will most likely be collect yourself, they will just see it as if you are helping them to clean it up.

·
It doesn't look like that from where I'm sitting..
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pete, will try and get a contact number/e-mail address for you for the infrustucture department at work and see if they can help. There's loads laying around at work, that being Longsight Train Depot and i don't mean the stuff the trains still run on. It will most likely be collect yourself, they will just see it as if you are helping them to clean it up.
That would be great...thanks

Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts