YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Can anyone help please with some guidance on this - I've never had to strip a twinset before.

Apparently I've got a leaking manifold, which the fill place thinks will be solved by a new O ring. The set is still with them until later today, and if I want to save a dive I've got to get it back there by tomorrow.

What's the correct strip and re-assembly sequence? (MDE valves and manifold if that helps. And I have O rings and O2 compatible grease).

But I suspect the really painful part is not knowing it's going to work until I've got it back to the fill station!

(I've tried googling with no luck whatsoever so far - pointers to anything good out there equally appreciated).

Thanks, Neil.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

The DiveRite site has a guide to it, IIRC. So does the cisatlantic trimix website.

·
So raise your hand if you think that was a Russian
11,158 Posts
Imported post

I don't have an MDE manifold, so can't comment on that,
but some general tips:

Before you start, mark where the bands are currently if you are happy with your trim.

Empy all of the air out

Have a sturdy surface to work on, once the bands are removed, you have a lot of weight and leverage that can damage the manifold.

For reassembly, as long as everything is aligned, you will not have to exert much force, if you find that you are - something is wrong.

I try to tighten every thing up a bit at a time, so that I can ensure that there are no stresses on the manifold caused by the bands.

Usual proviso, if you're unsure, get your LDS to do it, yes it's a PITA, but so are the consequnses of doing it wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts