YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am sorry if this topic has been previously posted, but I have struggled to find an answer.

I've been diving for around ten years now, but have recently bought my first dry suit. No problems with the suit, but I've found it a real struggle to fit my size 15 feet in to my XL Mares Quattro's with the larger dry suit boots.

Does anybody know of any fin brands that have larger sizes?

And as it always gets said I'll get it in first, yes I do need fins :)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I had a similar issue with size 11 O'Three boots, the only ones that fitted were Turtle XXXL. I measured the foot pockets a short while ago, they are 22cm deep, 10 cm high and 11 cm wide.

The Hollis F1's have come out since I got the Turtles, and as Elvis says, they too have very large fot pockets.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Bigger than Turtle XXXL (though these will fit a long foot unless very wide) are the Beaver Predators.

Bigger still than that is the Jetfin XXL - make sure these are the absolutely huge ones, not the XL which are smaller than all of the Turtle range and about the same as a Beaver Assault.

The NDiver jets that I have seen have been the same as the Beaver Assault, perhaps they have bought some of the larger size Predators, all come from the same supplier.

Digs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I think I will ring around my LDS's to see if any have any hollis f1's to try out. I've tried Jetfins in the past and wasn't particularly fond of them, the ones I used didn't have the power I was used to.

·
History is made by stupid people
341 Posts
I have a set of 2xl f1's and the foot pocket is the size of a small house, I understand that Dr Who is trying one as replacement for the tardis. In fact I don't use a dive bag anymore, I just put everything into one fin pocket.

·
Diving is expensive, live with it!
1,215 Posts
There's plenty of room for size 13 heavy heavy duty (not the standard heavy duty) O3 boots in my 2XL Hollis F1s - give them a try. Nice fins and excellent value.

Shame I only have size 10 feet though......

·
Keyboard Worrier
4,155 Posts
You know how you spent most of your teaching time telling students not to use their hands....
think you are the exception to the rule ;-)

·
"Available" (strictly in a professional sense)
314 Posts
For a cost effective option try Beaver Predators XXL, I needed them to fit my Otter rock boots.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered some XXL Hollis F1's. My O3 boots are size 14, so they should be the right size. With a bit of luck I'll get them by Friday so I can try them out this weekend.

If the foot pocket is large enough I will have to stop keeping my mask in the fin pocket between dives. Lost a couple of masks this way in the past, never seem to learn though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts