YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
That's Members Representative to you!
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Looking for a good value, but decent quality dive torch less than £100. Prefer rechargeable so I can just plug it in and forget about it till the weekend.

Recommendations gratefully received, need make/model/stockist...

Thanks,

Justin.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Justin,
have a look at Divernet (Sorry!) equipment review they did a good look see recently. I bought a non-rechargeable Vega lantern thing for about £45. It was about as bright as you could get without getting silly, and as I dont do deep it seemed OK. They do a rechargeable version as well. Only trouble is burn times seem quite short on Ni-Cads and they are affected by the cold more than ordinary batteries. Mine takes four great monster D's I think and burns like forever. I switch on and leave it on during a dive because of its good burn rate. Nice beam, negatively bouyant and a good grip/switch. I know mine would always be flat if I had to recharge it before I could use it.
HTH
Matt

·
Killed in the line of Duty. RIP.
173 Posts
Imported post

Justin

I have just upgraded my torch to an umbilical, I am prepeared to sell my Kowalski 620 (non speed) for about £80. It is in good order and seems a shame to keep it as a backup.
If you are interested send me an email.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but you can build your own for £75. Umbilical, gives you a weekend of playing with tools, and you can repair it anywhere and everywhere when you drop it/run it over/blow the bulb.

I've got a report I'm trying to finish off on building one, if you want my nearly done effort, e-mail me.

Digs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.