YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Posted on behalf of Glasgow Uni Sub Aqua Club:

Innes McCartney will be coming to Glasgow University on the evening of Thursday 11th March to give a talk on the U-boat wrecks around the British coast, and I would like to invite you all to come along.

For those of you who don't already know him, Innes is a diver and an expert on U-boat wrecks, and is the author of several books on the subject. His talks are always fascinating and shouldn't be missed if you are even partly interested in wreck diving or our history.

The talk will be held [at] Lecture Theatre 1, in the Boyd Orr building (on University Avenue), and tickets will cost £3.50 per person. Refreshments will be available afterwards in the University Union.

Anyone interested in coming along should contact me at this email address to reserve tickets, which can be paid for at the door. Directions to the university are available on request.

I look forward to seeing you all there!

Rosanna Milligan
GUSAC President

For further infomation e-mail Rosanna Milligan on:

[email protected]

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Oooooooo, that's my Thurs 11th March evening sorted.

Peter

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Guys

If you can get to it i would, it is a facinating presentation. I listend to him last year at LIDS and went straight downstairs and bought his "Lost Patrol" book, which also has some very accurate marks in it.

Enjoy

Paul

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

All of them, i'll bring it along on Sat.

Paul

·
Registered
755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Saw him at LIDS 2003 as well - he's so enthusiastic - wants everyone to dive on and appreciate the history of U-boats.

Really knew his stuff - very addictive. After listening to him I added HMS/M M2 to my list of british dives to do.

If you get a chance to see his lecture you really should go.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi

does anybody know of budget accommodation in Glascow as i would love to attend this lecture. PLease PM me with any information you may have,.

Dive Safe

Annalisa

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Annalisa

Innes McCartney gives a variety of lectures around the country. I saw a lecture by himself and Dave Allen at Cardiff museum back in early December. I believe he has a website detailing lectures. You may find a lecture closer to home thus saving on travel and accomodation.

gareth - If you're up that way then ignore me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>hi

What is his website address, just tried searching on the internet and came up with very little!

Cheers for the advice, an 8 hour drive is a long one unless it can't be avoided!

Dive Safe
Annalisa

·
WWI naval researcher
161 Posts
Imported post

Annalisa,

Innes McCartney will in all likelihood be coming to a location nearer to you. Aside from being a noted diver, he's also a businessman (runs his own publishing company, Periscope Publishing) and being visible is very much part of his plan. He has several stock presentations complete with video.

The listing of his future speaking engagements is at
Innes' speaking dates.

Best wishes,

Michael

1 - 12 of 12 Posts