YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Guys

Just got back from LIDS. I sat through a couple of top quality presentations. One of these was by Innes McCartney on Channel Sub Wrecks and in conjunction with the release of his new book "The Lost Patrol".

http://www.periscopepublishing.com

If you get the chance to go to his presentation in the future its well worth going. He has found a lot of subs in the last few years and his book gives a quality history on the Sub and very good marks for finding them.

Guess what - Dover has the largest concentration of them, and the marks are provided by 2 well known local divers.

Which is just as well as i am a bit of a Jonah when it comes to diving subs.

Regards

Paul

(Edited by Paul Oliver at 10:14 pm on Mar. 2, 2003)

(Edited by Paul Oliver at 10:15 pm on Mar. 2, 2003)

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Dave Batchelor and Bob Peacock

Hey - Thats me a 3 Red Noser now

(Edited by Paul Oliver at 9:14 pm on Mar. 2, 2003)

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Paul,
Did two days diving out fo Dover last August on Taurus, absolutely brill, only probelm is Taurus is based in Eastbourne and does not go to Dover that much.

Do you have the names of any dive boats in Dover?

I spend a few weekends on the Isle of Sheppey during the summer so any chance of tagging along with you guys sometime?

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Howard

You can definatly come out with us as a guest diver. We were spoilt with the vis last Aug, its not like that most of the time. We have our own Ribs.

If you want to go Hardboat then Offshore Rebel is a very good bet. I will dig out some contact details.

Regards

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts