YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not SETT Anymore....

****UPDATED****(15th July 2004)

Horsea rang today to tell me that the SETT is now cancelled on the 17th July due to operational reasons. You have to love the Navy don't you!

So (thanks to Sean being a complete star) we now have 2 dives on the Saturday with Wittering. We can take 12 on the first one and 8 on the second (deeper) one. So I assume we're all gonna do the first one?

The names down for the first dive (drift) are:

1: Bantam
2: Sean
3: Pete
4: Digger
5: Cragcrawler (fiona) Paid
6: Dave Archer Paid
7: Digger's +1
8: Digger's +2
9: Digger's +3
10: Digger's +4
11:
12:

So far for the second one (Mixon) I've got;

2: Dave Archer
3: Cragcrawler
4: Digger
5: Digger's +1
6: Digger's +2
7: Digger's +3
8: Digger's +4
9:
10:

Obviously first refusal to the peeps who are down for the first dive, but with only 8 spaces it's first come first served I'm afraid.

Also, for the Wittering RIB on the Sunday, looking at one 30m-ish wreck and a 15-20m scenic - £38 for both - who would be up for that?

Crew List;

2: Digger
3: Dave Archer Paid
4: DanE Paid
5: Tom Paid
6: Digger's +1
7: Digger's +2
8: Digger's +3
9: Digger's +4
10: Alison (with Tom) Paid
11: TX101 (AM Only)
12: TX101 +1 (AM Only)

PM11:
PM12:

Travel - If Anyone is travelling from North Yorks I can give a lift down if required.

Accomodation;
On the Friday night there's prolly loads of B&B's in Gosport - I stayed in the Travel Inn in Portsmouth which is opposite Horsea divers, so convenient to get a fill on the Sat AM (!!)

On the Saturday night, There's a page on Skipper's site and on the Wittering divers site for accomodation around selsey or even camping;
Wittering's Site or Skipper's Site

If peeps are interested in Camping, please let me know and I'll see if I can arrange something with one of the local sites.

Mark.

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Imported post

Hi Mark,

Yup, I'd definitely be interested in this if it goes ahead... please can you add me to your list?

Cheers
Helen

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HelenM @ April 27 2004,11:47)]Yup, I'd definitely be interested in this if it goes ahead... please can you add me to your list?
Duly Added!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Imported post

I had a look on skippers site and Eclipse is all but booked on the on the 18th however I may be able to book a rib from another LDS, Wittering divers so far they have nothing booked for the 18th.  I could if there is the interest  book the rib for two dives as a block booking.  But may need some kind of deposit to secure it..
As soon as the SETT is confirmed I'll look into it

Sean

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sean @ April 27 2004,13:58)]I had a look on skippers site and Eclipse is all but booked on the on the 18th however I may be able to book a rib from another LDS, Wittering divers so far they have nothing booked for the 18th.  I could if there is the interest  book the rib for two dives as a block booking.  But may need some kind of deposit to secure it..
As soon as the SETT is confirmed I'll look into it

Sean
I should hear something back today. Either that or I'll give them a ring tomorrow morning to make 100% sure we can get that day. As soon as I know I'll PM you to let you know.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Imported post

I just rang Wittering Divers and I can book the rib for 12 spaces for 2 dives so the rib would be ours for the day..  Slack is about midday so the first dive would be a 30M ish wreck dive (not sure what one yet) dive time would be about 11:30 so the boat would leave 10:45.  If the boat (us) wants to change the dive to a shallower site then I can’t see a problem as it would just be YD’ers on it.
Then back in surface interval fill’s where required and a nice gentle 14M drift across the fossil beds.  

Mark I will need to know ASAP or you could ring Wittering and book I’m sure we would get 12 divers together, there number is 01243672031.  I think it would also be a idea that those interested paid for the dives at the same time as the SETT..
Look’s like you have volunteered yourself for this gig..  I will help out as much as possible down this end however most of next month I’m in France.

Sean

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Cool. I'm quite happy to organise.

I'll start a new list on my first post with Sunday diving too.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Imported post

Sound if someone is coming from afar I don't mind droping out of the dives so if you keep pete and I on the back burner for now

Sean

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sean @ April 27 2004,16:46)]Sound if someone is coming from afar I don't mind droping out of the dives so if you keep pete and I on the back burner for now

Sean
You are a gentleman. Done.

·
Very Senior Member
1,908 Posts
Imported post

Sorry I cant help you out on this date Guys,

enjoy the facilities

(walks away from keyboard muttering about the competition)

Ps anyone staying locally let me know and we can meet up for a beer

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

Je Suis En Paris a çe moment, but I will be calling Horsea this morning to confirm as I haven't heard anything so far by email

So far for wittering there only seems to be me - are any of the peeps diving the SETT wanting to dive on the Sunday too?

Also - Digger - I've assumed you want to dive the SETT - can you just confirm that I am right to do so?

Ta

Mark

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bantam @ April 29 2004,09:02)]So far for wittering there only seems to be me - are any of the peeps diving the SETT wanting to dive on the Sunday too?
Yep come on folks I cant keep this boat on hold for much longer..

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Imported post

Would have loved to have come along, but I'm in Swanage diving the Kyarra that weekend.  

I'm not sure if this message requires a happy face or a sad face.

dan.

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
Imported post

Hi Mark, I'm up for this, looks fun.

Also up for the boat dives the next day too. I'll be coming down from North London, not a million miles away but might as well make a weekend of it seems to me!

Looking forward to it,  

Dave.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Imported post

Starting to look good I'll take a chance and book the rib for the day..  What the f**k its only my name..  Just let me know what depth's you want 30M - 20M

1 - 20 of 87 Posts