YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

As a result of asking the Skipper of "my regular charter boat" (Steve Johnson, Nauticat, Brighton) abt getting a dive on a Submarine (I'm still a virgin
) in my depth range I received a date in August.

I advised this to members of my Club and one (Derek A) kindly replied with a link to a submarine information web site.

I guess a lot of you will know about this already, but, just in case ....

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
Imported post

Thats a great site.

One of my favourite subs in a reasonable depth range is the M2 out of Weymouth.

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

This dive is on UC65 in abt 44 mtrs - I am really looking forward to it (even thought it isn't until August) which probably means there will be storms blowing through in August - sorry all, it will be my fault.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Finless

Michael Lowery who is a YD member runs U-Boat net. You will sometimes see him contributing and me and Andy are doing a project for him (got blown out last year).

We got loads of subs off Dover between 24m and 34m, lots in very good nick i.e. Optics, guns and little porthole thingy's in the conning towers still. UB55, UB77 and UB109 are regular dives for us.

When we do one its usually just our boat, not half the south coast on her.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Paul Oliver @ Feb. 11 2004,15:25)]Finless

Michael Lowery who is a YD member runs U-Boat net. You will sometimes see him contributing and me and Andy are doing a project for him (got blown out last year).

We got loads of subs off Dover between 24m and 34m, lots in very good nick i.e. Optics, guns and little porthole thingy's in the conning towers still. UB55, UB77 and UB109 are regular dives for us.

When we do one its usually just our boat, not half the south coast on her.

Dive Safe

Paul
Paul,

Tks for the info.

Robin YBOD Evans recently loaned me a book by Innes McCartney (sp?) on submarines. I noticed that there were a lot submarine wrecks off Dover. Also, I want to get along to have a dive with Andy the Commie off Taurus so perhaps I will manage to combine the two some time soon.

My problem is I detest the drive from Bexhill to Dover - great fun if there is no one about on the roads but 'kin horrible if you get someone pottering about.

Also, I am hoping to do my Trimix course soon so that will extend my range a bit to some deeper and less dived wrecks.

Rgds
Bryan

·
Registered
64 Posts
Imported post

I'm a member of Uboat Net and when I joined in January I corresponded with a chap in Iceland, who I thought ran the site? Am mistaken. It is a very useful site.
Alan

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Finless

Any road out of Bexhill is a good road
 or is that just any road out of Sidley.

Dive Safe

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts