YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Going down and loving it
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am organizing a Submatix day at Blue Lagoon on Saturday 18th of Aug. Blue Lagoon area submatix dealer and Alpha Distribution, the UK supplier have agreed to be there too. So you'll be able to catch up on all thats new in the submatix world. Or pick up some pairs

There will be try dives available on the unit but the numbers will be limited. I'll have more information on those within the week.

Everyone is welcome. If you have a submatix or thinking of getting one then its a good place to meet up with other users. Swap stories and tips and get buddy contacts. Submatix users that are willing t o give up a little time to help out will get free entry onto the site too.

Please keep an eye on this thread. I'll be posting more details here has they happen.

Hope to see you there

Jon

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Erm... do you mean Saturday 18th or Sunday 19th August? The other thread says 18th!

Sadly, i don't think I will be able to make that weekend - it is a bit of a distance from where I am (in the south) when i combine it with other things I have on that weekend.

Shame, really.

·
Going down and loving it
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Saturday the 18th and proof read that too :( lol

Could an admin please change the topic to the 18th from the 19th. thanks

·
Going down and loving it
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More details on the unit try dives as promised.

The try dive will cost £10 this includes your entry fee. The usual fee is £5 per car and £5 per diver so in effect you are getting the try dive for free. Each try dive will be in the lake and will last for 20 minutes so it should give you a good feel for the unit. For the moment there is a limit number of slots, 20 in all. Although this may well increase later. To avoid people booking slots and not turning up they must be booked for and payed in advance. This can be done by credit or debit card by contacting Blue Lagoon on 01977 621516. More details about Blue Lagoon can be found here. Blue Lagoon Diving & Leisure - A Great Place To Dive, Learn To Dive or Just To Relax & Enjoy
the time for each try dive will be allocated by email and posted on here. So remember to give your contact details.

You can also bring your kit and go for a dive before and / or after your try dive too :)

If there are slots free on the day then those can be book at that time for the £10 which does not include the entry fee. You also run the risk of being disappointed if all slots are taken.

Cheers
Jon

·
Going down and loving it
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have just arranges to have a submatix with the HUD and the O2 cells mounted in the breathing loop to be on display for you to drool over. I know I will be. I have seen the new loop mounted cell and it looks very swish. I'll be putting an order in for the retro fit :)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Alternatively

Just come & drool over mine!!!

Now waiting for the new electronics with "oxygen parachute" :teeth:

·
Going down and loving it
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
show off :p

There are some other things in the pipeline but I am not allowed to tell. You'll hear more on the day :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Subs day out

show off :p

There are some other things in the pipeline but I am not allowed to tell. You'll hear more on the day :)
Hi, has anything been arranged for a similar day out for us southerners? B'lagoon is just too far for me (Torquay) as I'm sure it is for quite a few other people but its just as important for us to see/ hear about upgrades ect so if there is anything planned for the future please let me know. Ta, Gaz:)

·
Going down and loving it
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, has anything been arranged for a similar day out for us southerners? B'lagoon is just too far for me (Torquay) as I'm sure it is for quite a few other people but its just as important for us to see/ hear about upgrades ect so if there is anything planned for the future please let me know. Ta, Gaz:)
I am sure if you wanted to put one together for the south that alpha would be glad to help out. I have no plans to sort one out for the south. Living in Hull the logicists of me sorting it would be a nightmare.

·
Going down and loving it
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can I bring my Drager FGT to prove that it has been ripped off by Submatix???:angel:
Why not go for a tried dive on the subby and see if it's any better :)

If you want to come along for a look that's great too.

·
Going down and loving it
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorted out a BBQ for after the site closes for the night. A few drinks and and socializing maybe some more drinks. If anyone wishes to stay over night a B&B can be sorted out by calling Blue Lagoon.

Hope to see you there
Jon

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have just arranges to have a submatix with the HUD and the O2 cells mounted in the breathing loop to be on display for you to drool over. I know I will be. I have seen the new loop mounted cell and it looks very swish. I'll be putting an order in for the retro fit :)
Got any pics of the HUD on the sub?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Will take some more asap, but in the meantime...

Just sent my electronics back to Germany for an upgrade
1. New cabling for the Vr3 i/f - problem discovered with the old cabling
2. New cabling for the "oxygen parachute"
3. Having Fischer connectors installed on the Oxys so I can disconnect them easily

When it all gets back (- week after next - it'd better do - I'm taking the unit with me to Corfu ) I'll take photos of the HUD

Here's one I took a while ago (though not underwater) - shows hosecovers and you can just see the HUD - right of the mouthpiece

Looking at the picture, the LEDs are above the blue holder -I've routed the cable under/through the "lower" hosecover

·
Going down and loving it
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry there hasn't been much news lately I have been on my hols in sunny northern Cyprus. My beloved subby had to stay at home with it being north Cyprus I couldn't get the scrubber :( Anyway more of an update soon after I get back in touch with everyone.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
But they travel well!

Sorry there hasn't been much news lately I have been on my hols in sunny northern Cyprus. My beloved subby had to stay at home with it being north Cyprus I couldn't get the scrubber :( Anyway more of an update soon after I get back in touch with everyone.
Took mine to Corfu with me last week (just got back)

Even took Sorb with me (couldn't find anyone that supplied ANY form of Sorb on the island)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts