YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
It doesn't look like that from where I'm sitting..
4,745 Posts
Brilliant report!

27 dives is still a going for it, considering the time lost to the officials. 40 dives over the 2 weeks, some lasting and hour or so is really pushing things, so the no dive enforced upon you must have been welcome.

Thanks for posting.

Pete

·
Wreck, reef and muff diver.
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Nice report, has been on my "to do list" since Alibaba told us about it a few years ago :)
This trip is not to be confused with the Royal Emperor out of Port Sudan. I think Alibaba was a guide on this boat (please correct me if I am wrong). This flight does not go via Cairo, but to Marsa Alam and then sailing down from Egypt. So there is not the hassle of 2 nights stop in Cairo and plane changing. The hassle with the Sudanese authorities is another matter.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Excellent report, sounds like a fantastic trip, really enjoyed the write up
Best wishes
John

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Excellent report...thanks for sharing...

Now where did I put that credit card ;) :D

Kathy

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Must have missed this before. Some lovely pics. Would have thought the unicorn fish was better swallowed tail first! :)

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
This trip is not to be confused with the Royal Emperor out of Port Sudan. I think Alibaba was a guide on this boat (please correct me if I am wrong). This flight does not go via Cairo, but to Marsa Alam and then sailing down from Egypt. So there is not the hassle of 2 nights stop in Cairo and plane changing. The hassle with the Sudanese authorities is another matter.
Sorry only just seen this. Yes I know, I wasn't confused about anything.

Alibaba told us about this boat long before its keel hit the water because he was involved with it, although apparently he is now on a boat called Reef Master. I only found this out last week.

Doing Sudan from Egypt is the only way I would have done it, however I am still uncomfortable about giving any of my money to the Sudanese.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts