YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Dudes,

On my recent spending spree at Diver's Whorehouse, I perchanced upon the Diver's Guide 'Dive the Isle of Man'.

One of the dives in the book is called Sugarloaf Caves - and it looks the Nads!!

Dived out of Port St Mary, the viz is astonishing the caves look awsome. I'm going, simple as that really. Just thought I'd share that with you

·
Registered
16 Posts
Imported post

Smashing place them sugar loaf caves, just awesome. At the back of the cave turn and look out, if the sun is at the right angle the cave entrance is framed and the view is truly fantastic. I,m getting a tingle just thinking about it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Imported post

Took three RIBs over from Holyhead last year for four days diving. Sugerloaf Caves were absolutely fabulous, with seals joining us part way through the dives together with diving sea birds. The southern part of the Island is great diving, there are a few dive boats that charter to that area which you can use.

I may have a few places on a similar trip this year, leaving from Holyhead, staying in hotels in Port Erin over a long 4 day weekend, possibly in July. Let me know if you're interested. Can't promise anything at this point in time because Branch members obviously take priority, but just in case....

Geoff Oldfield
Diving Officer
Merseyside Branch 5

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Geoff mate,

You're a star! ANY spaces you have open/left not filled, please post them on here and we shall try our damnest to fill them for you. Me being a very possible candidate!

Thanks for the review of the caves - the pictures alone look awsome, but to have it confirmed by you and Mitch helps me make my mind up in all of.........oh, two nano-seconds.

Have you seen the dates for the next Anglesey trip? Have a swatch in Planned Trips and this time, we WILL meet up for that beer as a troop.

Cheers again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts