YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

My brother is over with me from 25th until 30th April. He's a Padi instructor with over 1500 logged dives (not counting those he's not logged !!). He hasn't dived in the UK before and he's trying out the dry suit I sold him for the first time. Thing is, I've been given a pass out by Mrs Heads Up for the weekend so I've been trying to think of ideas for going away. I had started along the premis of going to Capernwray on the Friday and Stoney on the Monday until I got the go-ahead for the entire weekend too.

My criteria are:

1. Get him used to his dry suit first of all
2. I have never dived with him before and, I guess, this is a bit of a bonding time with him (i.e. something we actually have in common!)
3. I want to show him some UK diving
4. He's a bit skint and I don't fancy paying for him

Anyone got (or fancy taking) the Friday and/or Monday off work who fancies a weekend away? Probably thinking St Abbs or Loch Fyne for the weekend (arriving Friday and leaving Monday) with shore diving combined with a couple of boat dives thrown in.

OR, anyone got any different suggestions?

Andy - I'd especially like you on this one if you are available.

Regards

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

Why Me?  To show him how NOT to do it in this country?

I am currently working on the 25 - 27th but will try and get it off.  Will know if I can get it off next week ok?  Would love to go up to Jock land and meet your brother, if only to see if he is like you or whether the mold was broken with you!!

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Why you? Cos I will hopefully have my twin set by then and could do with some pointers as to how to use the bugger. If you can't get the days off, no matter. This isn't cast in stone yet anyway. May end up just doing two single days away. Will keep you updated anyway.

Regards

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

Are you getting a manifold?

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

Dyer think I will persuade you to wear them the right way up then?  (cylinders that is)

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Andy - have just spoken to my bro and he has suggested Oban - you up for it? Friday to Sunday / Monday, sleeping in tents etc. Shore diving and a couple of boat dives cash permitting.

Anyone else interetsed?

Regards

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from ScubaBabe on 10:08 pm on April 3, 2002
I know what I'd like to do with his pony!!! ;)
<span =''>

You actually made me blush!! I can't think straight now - gonna have to go for a cold shower and a lie down.

Regards

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Sit down Jay... have a cup of tea mate.... did that naughty lady scare you??... Anymore of that type of smut and I'll report her to a moderat.. oh!... she is one... ####!

Ah well... Hey Abby! after your done with Jay's pony.. don't forget to post the pics....  :biggrin:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Imported post

Oki doki Jay, I have my 5 ltr one anyway.. just thought if you where getting rid I would buy it for my son..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Heads Up on 9:20 pm on April 4, 2002
Hehe - she doesn't realise that its a 7l stage cylinder!
<span =''>

The tears rolled down my cheeks.....that would be errrr...less enjoyable!!! Best stick with the trusty tumble dryer for now!!!

As for the pics Dave....I have a pic of me and my pussy on my homepage now!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts