YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Just wondering what others are doing for suit inflation on Trimix dives with there breather, I'm looking for a solution for myself. I currently dive with an Inspiration. Please give me your views on the following.

Offboard suit inflation cylinder, 1ltr or 1.5ltr, I suppose depends how large your person and the depths dived. I'm personally 6ft and medium build, looking for upto 80m.

Upto around 60m, carry a bailout of air under one arm and a deco mix under the other, plumb into the air for suit inflation.

60m+ Trimix bailout under one arm, travel under the other, plumb into the travel(probably 32)for suit inflation. Signal boat for drop tank of deco gas.

The gas in the stages could also be used to plumb into the unit to unable me to stay on the loop should I have a major gas loss situation. I have talked to others who dive with just a couple of cylinders on the unit one of dil, not sure what. Also one of O2 and that's all, no OC at all. I know there pretty reliable but I don't think the Alpinist's route is for me.
Any info from your experience would be great.
Cheers
John

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>john,
i use a 1.5ltr air for suit inflation only but i have a tx40 on the reg,its clipped by metalsub bracket to the side of the unit.
i tend to keep bailout to a minimum but i can use everthing i carry o/c,2x3ltr inboard 1x3ltr offboard 1.5ltr offboard suit and a 5ltr sling often not enought to complete the deco if o/c but enought to get shallow and get more from the boat if necessary.
the above including weights is 74 kg and when do you decide enought is enought??

cheers
barrie

·
Banned
7,008 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>I have a 1.5 for suit inflation oc on both on boards
I did breifly have an auto air hose off it but i decided it was too hard to change and was wasted effort given that I'm only diving to 30m for the time being

still thinking of bailout for longer / deeper dives probably involving side slung 5s
and 3 / 2s bolted to the box though really need to work it out on the diving being done and safety margins

·
more weaselly than a weaselly thing
3,628 Posts
Imported post

I tend to carry a 1.5L of air for the suit and a complete OC bailout down as far as about 70m. Beyond that, I goto team bailout, since its too much sodding gas to carry.

/Z

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Thanks lads, Gonna go 1.5ltr suit inflation with air, pair of 7's for bailout, plus a drop tank on the boat when things get a bit deeper.
Cheers
John

·
Registered
280 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>just a point
i made some s/s plates to use as a wing plate on the inspiration no more broken fiberglass
brett at divers warehouse uses one and mounts a 5 ltr cyl either side
he has a few left if you call him

1 - 6 of 6 Posts