YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all,

I'm looking for a buddy for Sunday 5th (this weekend). I'm busy on the Saturday so can only do the Sunday.

I was vaguely thinking of a couple of shore dives off Selsey lifeboat pier - there's slack water at 11.20 and 16.51, so plenty of time in between for pub lunch etc. Alternatively, try to get on one of the Wittering Divers ribs in the morning, then maybe shore dive in the afternoon. Or if the weather's pants, Horsea might be a backup possibility.

Alternatively there's this thing going on at Stoney - it would be good to meet a crowd of other YDs, but it does sound like it's going to be horrendously busy, and I'd rather be in the sea - but if anyone does want a buddy for Stoney I could be up for it.

Also open to any other suggestions within my experience (i.e. something nice and shallow, no deco) and not much more than a couple of hours drive from South London - I basically just want to get in the water before it freezes over

Any takers?

Tom
(AOW, 35ish dives, 11 in UK this year).

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Tom

We will be meeting at Dover slip about 0930 Sun. As it is neap tides i want the shot in on the HW+3Hrs point. We should have a long slack and will be out by the Varne bank in the search for vis. (last time i did that we ended up diving in france).

Give me a call Sat evening if you want to join us.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Hi Paul.

Got any room for me on one of your fleet?

l was even thinking of going to Stony, it would have been the first time over a weekend since my OW course, however Dover is just slightly more apealing  

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Paul -

If you've got room and don't mind me tagging along, that would be great, thanks. I'll give you a shout on Saturday.

Cheers,
Tom

·
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Guys

Your both welcome, call sat evening to confirm.

Tom, i will be providing even less light this time as my greenforce torch batteries have blown up on me.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF7F00'>

We are up at the Goodwins with a full boat,,,,,,,,,,,, more selected wrecks coming soo,

Watch the weather Paul,,,,,,,,,,, NE 8-9 's expected

Andy

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Howard, how can you choose dover over stoney... really there is just no comparison!!

And I wanted to see if you suit is as hideous as all the stories

·
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Mary

You better beleve it, be glad we are saving you the sight.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Tom / Howard

I am going to call this one due to the weather forcast, i'll text you as well. I think its better to cancel now so we can all make other arrangements.

I have 6 trainee Dive Leaders who need to finish the course and i will aim to get them into Larkfield Lakes to do their rescue Management Scenarios and Assesments on Sunday.

Feel free to join us and see some top notch rescue skills in operation!!! There will also be a lot of windups and laughs, and our club fool will be keeping everyone amused.:D

Maybe next weekend? Possibly a pioneering Sub like the B1 or the U8 (Yes Andy you got me interested in that one last night, amazing what a quick bit of reasearch can do for your interest).

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

Thanks for the advance warning - after seeing the weather forecast I thought it was looking unlikely.

Next weekend - sounds interesting! Will email you.

Cheers for the invite to Larkfield, but I think I might try to make it up to Stoney and see what some of the rest of the YD lot look like...

Tom

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Well todays choice was
1. Diving with Paul from Dover.
2. Going to Stoney and meet and dive with some of the YD gang.
3. Carrying on with paving my patio and rowing with wifee.

Well option 1 was a no go because of weather, so it was a choice of 2 or 3 so like a prat l decided on option 3, didn't get much paving done but had biggie row with wifee.

So l'm sitting here drinking my scotch feeling a bit sorry for myself, wishing l'd gone up to Stoney (NEVER EVER imagined l'd think that) thinking about my next planned diving which is Andys red sea gig next bl***dy April.

Paul l'll be in Maidstone next weekend helping to move my son into his flat so l doubt l'll be able to sneak off to dive.
Is your new job shifts, will you be able to dive midweek if so how about Brighton/ littlehampton in the near future.

l'm busy checking Defiants and Channel divings mid week list for suitable dives for the next couple of weeks.

·
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Howard

Its shifts, but i have to do a 6 week course first before i go onto them.

So after Xmas.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Mid weekers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, watch this space

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ Oct. 06 2003,20:34)]Mid weekers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, watch this space
Anything to do with the Cat?

·
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Howard

I hear there will soon be a very comfertable Cat on call for all and any occasion. Bacon Sarnies i gather will be top notch.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Paul Oliver @ Oct. 07 2003,19:47)]I hear there will soon be a very comfertable Cat
Bit of a dodgy skipper, or so l've heard.

·
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Well, that does look a bit like the skipper:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts