YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm John-Luke (JL for short). I'm an outdoor pursuits instructor from Leeds but currently based in the shire of Oxford. Mountains have always been my thing up until t'other day when I realised that the sea is actually a pretty big piece of a jigsaw and I know nothing about it. My intro to diving happens this weekend in a pool somewhere but I've already set my sights on getting to at least basic instructor level in the sport as I find helping others find a passion really drives me...all in due time though. Obviously I need to get my own experience in there first.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Hi JL
Welcome to YD:)
Hope you have a good credit card limit to go with your new interest. Apart from horse riding you've probably chosen two of the most expensive leisure pursuits going!

·
Team Erectus Domini Co-Founder
400 Posts
Congrats on making such a good choice, though say goodbye to any idea of money for the next few lifetimes.

Welcome to the boards

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hey JL hope you're good. welcome to the diving communities. Sure you will but keep us up to date with your training, will be good to hear how it all goes for you. Do you get back to the mother shire at all? Yorkshire divers needs more divers who live in Yorkshire if you ask me lol, soz guys.

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
........Yorkshire divers needs more divers who live in Yorkshire .........
WTF...........anyone would think this site is called Yorkshire Divers.... :D

EDIT

On a serious note, Jimney if you really think that you've missed the point of YD completely.

·
Registered
283 Posts
OOps soz dude, my mistake could have sworn oh well.

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
Welcome JL

Interesting, I used to do a fair bit of mountain hiking before taking up diving, there must be some sort of connection. At least you should have the leg strength for fining. But do be prepared for feeling tired when you first start diving. It frustrated me a bit as I thought I was pretty fit, but you learn that you use some different muscles, so get tired and sore.

Enjoy YD and your new expensive hobby :)

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
All reet John-luke,

a warm welcome to YD, I hope you enjoy the boards.

Safe diving,
Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts