YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I have a suunto cobra d/c and I want to down load it to my pc but I dont want to pay daft money to do it.Is there a lead I can buy to conect to my pc,or will I have to purchase the full conection kit at a stupid price.Are there any internet sites with downladable programs for suunto.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Well I know a "Home Brew" version was doing the rounds, for the other Suunto models, not sure about the Cobra though.
Agree the retail price is steep.

There was a URL which gave details etc , anyone know it?
If no joy here try the darkside Divernet or post on the ukrec scuba newsgroup.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

The cost is horrific.  After paying £60 odd quid in the end I received a cable with a small interface, something that looked like £5 to make, in the end though there was no alternative.
The software you can download for free at www.suunto.com.
One thing you have to pay attention. If you buy the cable it is a serial port.  This was fine for me for the desktop however my laptop I could only use a USB port.  I brought an adapter and it didn't work :smash:, I tried over and over again but without success.  I don't know if there is a cable with a USB port, I certainly will not want to fork out another small fortune for a different port.
One thing that anoyes me with the software is that altough I can list the dives by location, date partner etch I am not able to print the list other than numerical order.  There is much room for improvement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts