YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MOD 1 Passed, let's go diving!!!
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had my transmitter battery replaced by Suunto last month. 3 dives and no problems paring or with the reading.

gone to pair it to the transmitter and it takes a while to pick up the code, then doesn't give a reading until eventually I get a fail!!
What is going on???

·
Still young enough to know everything
4,001 Posts
I've just had my transmitter battery replaced by Suunto last month. 3 dives and no problems paring or with the reading.

gone to pair it to the transmitter and it takes a while to pick up the code, then doesn't give a reading until eventually I get a fail!!
What is going on???
I think that Suunto transmitters have a reputation of not being the most reliable. One guy in my club spent £200 odd on a transmitter and I think had quite a few problems with it. Are you so lazy that you can't look at a pressure gauge? ;)

·
"Look mate, the problem's between the user and the
2,711 Posts
you pair it before each dive? I just turn my rig on and it finds it...

cant remember do they take more than 1 transmitter???

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
When I had this recently the code had changed for some reason. Just deleted the code from the HelO2 (in the menu) and then re-paired it. Strange though, my old Vytec never had the problem but the HelO2 has managed it three times so far.

(Can't wait to play with my new OSTC 2 though)

·
MOD 1 Passed, let's go diving!!!
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sent it off to Suunto, who tested it and confirmed it was the battery, replaced it and sent it back to me just in time for Scapa trip.
I tested before I went, all ok. Whilst setting up my kit in Scapa, it wouldn't pair so I just attached a gauge and had a great weeks diving.
I gave the service centre a call when I returned and explained what had happened sent it off to them fully expectiong to be told either it's dead or it needs a repair and it's going to cost £XXX.

Any way a few days later I get a parcel from them and I'm thinking it must have been a small deal and they've fixed it with no cost to me, great!!!

I open it up and they have sent me a brand new transmitter!!!!

Fantasic service from Suunto!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts