YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to delete dives from the dive computer. I know I can delete them from the dive manager software, but they are still on the dive computer.
The instructions do not mention how to do this. I wondered if removing the battery would do it, but the manual seems to suggest that this just looses the date and time settings. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Roger

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
isnt it 99 dives then the old ones dissapear !!

as far as i know ya cant delete dives off a suunto ?

best wishes leigh

·
Can`t remember Member
210 Posts
Total number of dives and hours underwater will still be visible in the History no matter what you do. Either you´re hoping to turn the clock back on one your selling or you´re trying to hide the evidence of a dive :teeth:

·
currently offshore, please leave a message
1,106 Posts
honestly, i didnt go to 60M on air , look i didnt honest :teeth: :teeth: :embarassed: :embarassed:

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
60m I wish lol. Got a second hand one coming and wanted to delete the history.
Thanks all
roger

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
The only way is either remove the battery for a long time or to change the rate at which data is logged (1 sec I think is the fastest) to overwrite the old files.

HTH

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can delete dives from a vytec/vyper/gekko/stinger etc.

There is a program that exists which can do it for you, but its a non-official one from the same source that allows a gekko to download into SDM.

Fourth Item down - Suunto Eraser

Untitled Document

I haven't used this software myself so can't say if it works or not.

Neil
Now this sounds interesting, but not one to try an unknown piece of software on my computer, has anyone out there actually tried this, and most importantly does it work.
Green incoming

Roger

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I'm in the same position and was hoping there would be a way to do it, when mine arrives as I'd like it to start clean with just my data on it.

Anyone tried it yet?

Any idea how bad it could screw things up if you did try it?

*prods Roger* Go on try it, you know you want to ;)

Arfie

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
unless some brave soul out their has tested it first.
Roger
Brave I'm not sure about, possibly foolish, but I've done it and the computer memory is now clear.

Unfortunately I've damaged the pin on my cable now though, anyone know where to buy a cheap replacement cable for a Vyper? :frown:

Arfie

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Brave I'm not sure about, possibly foolish, but I've done it and the computer memory is now clear.

Unfortunately I've damaged the pin on my cable now though, anyone know where to buy a cheap replacement cable for a Vyper? :frown:

Arfie
Bummer. You can get one from the same place I got the original from. Custom Ideas...

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Cheers Gloc, Got any contact details or a website?

I've not killed it but it's been bent and when pushed back into shape became very weak, it's only a matter if time before it snaps.

Arfie

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts

·
Open Wide
2,417 Posts
Look at all that nice bungee on the knackers site :)
How did you break a cable BTW ?

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Arfie
Got a new cable from Custom Idea seems to work fine it's usb as well so downloads a bit quicker than my old serial cable.

So the programme worked, ill have to give it a go.

Roger

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Look at all that nice bungee on the knackers site :)
How did you break a cable BTW ?
Well I haven't broke it yet, but I have damaged one of the pins and it's only a matter of time (a short time) before I break it.

Yeah Roger, it worked fine :) though your experience may be different.

Arfie

1 - 20 of 32 Posts