YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It occasionally displays a battery warning just below the time. In Dive mode I have 3 blobs so it's not critical yet.

So.

Anyone know of a decent place to get it changed? I'd make a tool myself but I believe there is some sort of electric stuff you have to do once the new battery is installed.

·
1,036 Posts
Nicked off the web somewhere ?????

1. The battery is a, CR2430,
2. Next step take the tool from the kit and unscrew the front bezel.
3. Remove the screwed bezel.
4. CAREFULLY remove the glass face, there is a small slot at the side to help you.
5. EVEN MORE CAREFULLY remove the small rubber O ring seal and inspect for damage/cracks.
6. Remove the plastic face with all the graphics on it
7. CAREFULLY remove the computer module, take care there is a ribbon tape underneath that you do not disconnect
8. Remove the clip holding in the battery and remove, note the right way up
9. insert new battery
10. replace battery clip
11. most importantly, on the face of the computer there is a tiny reset button. use a needle or paperclip to press. I missed this and spent two days wondering why the 'ACW' was dsplayed permanently. I emailed Suunto and they said it must be defective and post it back to Finland!!!!
10. assembly is the reverse of the above. I used silicone grease on the rubber O ring to prevent nipping and ensure a good seal.

Would be interested in the tool if you made one

·
Team HPDW - 10/90 for the Boys
5,435 Posts
I've got the kit you need, just buy a battery from ebay and send me your address and I'll pop it in the post to you today Woz.
SML, pm Woz your address and he can send it to you and you then send it back to me when you're done.
It's a piece of piss. I changed mine and took it down to 70m the following weekend to test my skills at battery changing :D

·
1,036 Posts
Cheers folks :teeth:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm new - first post & I'm already looking for help.

Off to the Red Sea on Friday & thought I'd get my Stinger out for a quick battery check..... yep, it's flat. After a swift google, I notice a lot of good advice about DIY battery changes on this forum so......

Does anyone have a Stinger Battery replacement tool they'd be willing to sell / loan me for money before Friday?!

Failing that, is there anywhere in central Scotland that will do a battery change without charging me a small fortune (well, I'm Scottish & therefore tight with cash obviously!).

Thanks in advance!

DougC

·
Team HPDW - 10/90 for the Boys
5,435 Posts
If you send me your address I will post it to you today. I am out of the office for 2 weeks from tonight so it will have to be today.

Hi, I'm new - first post & I'm already looking for help.

Off to the Red Sea on Friday & thought I'd get my Stinger out for a quick battery check..... yep, it's flat. After a swift google, I notice a lot of good advice about DIY battery changes on this forum so......

Does anyone have a Stinger Battery replacement tool they'd be willing to sell / loan me for money before Friday?!

Failing that, is there anywhere in central Scotland that will do a battery change without charging me a small fortune (well, I'm Scottish & therefore tight with cash obviously!).

Thanks in advance!

DougC

·
Sews all his PADI patches on to his banana hammock
586 Posts
....If anyone doesn't want to do it themselves and wants the watch pressure tested as well. Just PM me. I can do a 24hr turn around on all Suunto computers and transmitters. I also do all Apex, Citizen, Aqualand, etc, etc. It's only Uwatecs I don't do, as nearly all old Uwatecs have to go back to Scubapro in Basingstoke through a dealer.

All computers and watches are returned by Royal Mail, next day delivery and the p&p is included in the cost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts