YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I use a Suunto Vyper, which I have had for 3 years and approx 125 dives. Thinking of replacing the battery before a trip to the Maldives late September. Is it a DIY friendly job...
any pitfalls or traps.  

info appreciated...

Dive Safe & Risk Access

TOG Diver

·
I went DIR... but my bungies pulled me back!
400 Posts
Imported post

Stoney Cove do a battery replacement kit for the Vyper/Cobra.  Last year it cost £7.95.  It includes a battery and a new O ring.  You can get the battery on its own in Boots for a couple of quid, but I would replace the O ring just to be safe.  I have not heard of anyone having problems changing their battery.  The back opens with a pair of pliers and the battery just drops in, bit of silicone grease on the O ring and the cover screws back down.  If the worst happens all you do is flood the battery compartment.  No water should get inside the computer itself.

Have fun

Darren

·
hmmm.. open circuit revisited...
760 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#008080'>Battery replacement is fairly straightforward. Just make sure that if you want to reuse the o-ring you don't nick it during dissassembly. The battery is a 3V lithium CR2450.

I replaced mine at the start of this season and reused the old o-ring after checking it for damage and applying some silicon grease to it.

I got a kit (battery and o-ring) for £5-95 from Deep Blue Diving: http://www.deepbluedive.com/products/products.asp?catid=22&manid=2

Best

Anke

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Many thanks Darran & Anke for the info

Regards
 TOG Diver

Dive safe & Risk Assess

1 - 6 of 6 Posts