YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

We're off to Swanage for the first time this Sptember. Could you recommend any good b & b in the town.

Many thanks

Ian

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Hi

We're off to Swanage for the first time this Sptember. Could you recommend any good b & b in the town.

Many thanks

Ian
Ian, sorry to be obtuse but what are you looking for? Diver style accomodation? High end, cheap & cheerful?

You might try Swanage Auberge - The Bunkhouse that cares It's owned by JPH6969 on here. If you are going midweek you can get a couple of days diving & accomodation for not a lot of £££

Swanage is a seaside town with a fair bit of accomodation in the town and nearby.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ian, sorry to be obtuse but what are you looking for? Diver style accomodation? High end, cheap & cheerful?

You might try Swanage Auberge - The Bunkhouse that cares It's owned by JPH6969 on here. If you are going midweek you can get a couple of days diving & accomodation for not a lot of £££

Swanage is a seaside town with a fair bit of accomodation in the town and nearby.
We're after basic B & B with showers and an early breakfast and parking if possible. Above or near a really good pub would be a bonus!

·
More yokel than local moi luvver
1,280 Posts

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
i have stayed at Sunny Bay View a couple of times. A search will find the contact numbers, but they are diver friendly.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Going to be diving in Swanage in a couple of weeks, so I am looking for a recommendation for accommodation within walking distance of the pier parking, so I can park and then walk back for breakie :D

Seen a couple of possible establishments on the website but don't know the locations or is nowhere very far :)

Please don't recommend bunk house type accommodation - I am after a nice single room.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Going to be diving in Swanage in a couple of weeks, so I am looking for a recommendation for accommodation within walking distance of the pier parking, so I can park and then walk back for breakie :D

Seen a couple of possible establishments on the website but don't know the locations or is nowhere very far :)

Please don't recommend bunk house type accommodation - I am after a nice single room.
Try the Red Lion. I have never stayed there, but one of my group regularly does because it is 'nice' .

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Fiona,
the tourist info office hold a list of accomodation and i am told they also keep a vacancies list:) the phone number for them is 08704420680
the white horse is the nearest accomodation to the pier, but it is a pub right on the high st and may be a little loud into the wee small hours, somewhere in park road may be more suitable, about a 3 minute walk to the pier.
mike.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Thanks Mike

One of the B & B's gave me the tourist board number but after phoning about 25 places I gave up after being PMed with a couple of offers of a bed for the night. :)

B & B's in Swanage don't seem to like single night bookings and there is a distinct lack of singles.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stay at Buddies- I've done so many times and will continue to do so.
Thanks for all the suggestions. We've managed to get rooms at Buddies. Looking forward to our first trip to Swanage, diving the Kyarra and Aeolian Sky.

Ian

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.