YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Hi

We're off to Swanage for the first time this Sptember. Could you recommend any good b & b in the town.

Many thanks

Ian
Ian, sorry to be obtuse but what are you looking for? Diver style accomodation? High end, cheap & cheerful?

You might try Swanage Auberge - The Bunkhouse that cares It's owned by JPH6969 on here. If you are going midweek you can get a couple of days diving & accomodation for not a lot of £££

Swanage is a seaside town with a fair bit of accomodation in the town and nearby.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ian, sorry to be obtuse but what are you looking for? Diver style accomodation? High end, cheap & cheerful?

You might try Swanage Auberge - The Bunkhouse that cares It's owned by JPH6969 on here. If you are going midweek you can get a couple of days diving & accomodation for not a lot of £££

Swanage is a seaside town with a fair bit of accomodation in the town and nearby.
We're after basic B & B with showers and an early breakfast and parking if possible. Above or near a really good pub would be a bonus!

·
More yokel than local moi luvver
1,280 Posts

·
Registered
13,342 Posts
Going to be diving in Swanage in a couple of weeks, so I am looking for a recommendation for accommodation within walking distance of the pier parking, so I can park and then walk back for breakie :D

Seen a couple of possible establishments on the website but don't know the locations or is nowhere very far :)

Please don't recommend bunk house type accommodation - I am after a nice single room.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Going to be diving in Swanage in a couple of weeks, so I am looking for a recommendation for accommodation within walking distance of the pier parking, so I can park and then walk back for breakie :D

Seen a couple of possible establishments on the website but don't know the locations or is nowhere very far :)

Please don't recommend bunk house type accommodation - I am after a nice single room.
Try the Red Lion. I have never stayed there, but one of my group regularly does because it is 'nice' .

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Fiona,
the tourist info office hold a list of accomodation and i am told they also keep a vacancies list:) the phone number for them is 08704420680
the white horse is the nearest accomodation to the pier, but it is a pub right on the high st and may be a little loud into the wee small hours, somewhere in park road may be more suitable, about a 3 minute walk to the pier.
mike.

·
Registered
13,342 Posts
Thanks Mike

One of the B & B's gave me the tourist board number but after phoning about 25 places I gave up after being PMed with a couple of offers of a bed for the night. :)

B & B's in Swanage don't seem to like single night bookings and there is a distinct lack of singles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.