YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Adrian, there is a group of 8 of us staying in the White Horse Inn and diving with Smooth Hound both saturday and sunday. You're more than welcome to come and join us either for a drink or for diving if you can sneak off :)

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Adrian, there is a group of 8 of us staying in the White Horse Inn and diving with Smooth Hound both saturday and sunday. You're more than welcome to come and join us either for a drink or for diving if you can sneak off :)
Thank you Tazzie. I did try to get on Smooth Hound for Sunday, but she was full.

I'll try to remember to wear my YD T shirt :)

Adrian

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thank you Tazzie. I did try to get on Smooth Hound for Sunday, but she was full.

I'll try to remember to wear my YD T shirt :)

Adrian
When did you call? We've had 2 drop outs yesterday so there are, as far as I know, 2 places now available. We're diving the Kyarra at noon then a local drift.

Not having a YD Shirt you'll have to look for a group of 7 fellas and one girl! I could be nasty and tell you I'll be wearing my pink crocs so you have to crawl around on all 4s looking ;):D

**Edited - 2 drops outs apaprently!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'll be there with Tazzie all weekend.

Worth giving Divers down a call because although we had initially filled Smooth Hound we had to release 4 places on Saturday and 2 on Sunday due to drop-outs.

Plan is:

Saturday – Aeolian Sky leaving the pier at 10:30am. Followed by 2nd dive which will be a drift dive on the return route.

Sunday – Kyarra leaving the pier at 12:00pm. Returning to the pier and then leaving for a local drift dive at 4:00pm

See you there.

Andy.

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
Scribley and I will be there :teeth:

We're diving the Kyarra at 11:30 then some other 28m wreck way later, around 17:00 IIRC. Not sure what boat or anything as Scribley booked it, went off to Mexico, and I can't find her email anywhere :embarassed:

I'll try to remember to wear my YD T-shirt. Must get "Sixsquid" printed on it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
hi all!
bit of a yd fest on the hound then :teeth: scubee is signed up as deckhand for sat ;)
there is mention in the diary of the second dive being on the black (flat) hawk? but I read drift in andymans post above! scallops anyone?:)
mike.
Whoo Hoo!! how exciting! Much more fun than mowing the lawn and doing the hoovering :)
If you want to know who i am, my pic is on post 22 hereUsually identifiable by the fins :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Mike,

We left the second dive fairly open and the plan was to discuss it with you on the way out to the Sky. We had hoped to do a wreck on the second dive but realised that tides may not allow it. Open to suitable suggestions within range of the Sky and with a good surface interval. How's the Black Hawk? Assume thats the bow section in 18m.

Looking forward to it.

Andy.

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
Found it

Scrib and I are diving the Kyarra at 11:05 and the Carantan at 17:25 :D

Huge surface interval that may require a bimble under the pier and then a very late finish. Beer and dinner will be required :p

Here's us on the Pier last June (the thorn in the middle is Bond)

and this is what Scrib looks like under water

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
hi andy,
the black hawk is still there, if a little flatter:teeth: dropped the helfins on a bit of it at the w/e and they seemed happy enough, yes that was in around 18m.
worth mentioning here that the black hawk is about an hours run back to swanage, (punching against the ebb tide all the way home) and I am booked to do the kyarra leaving at 1715ish with another group! you should be done on the sky by about 1300, then I would anticipate a bimble in towards kimmeridge/worbarrow while you fizz out and eat choccy cake, in again on either the flat hawk bows, or a drift on a bit of ground that may produce a scallop or two at about 1430, then head for the hills when you are done! Scenic route from st.aldhelms to swanage, right in close under the cliffs in the hope of finding a bit of countertide, ETA swanage 1630ish!
mike.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.