YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

OK,

As promised I have started to put together a trip to Swanage (Dorset). So far I have provisionally booked SideWinder for the 24th and 25th May, this is on a Neap tide so we get nice long slack times. Again provsionally the dives would be Saturday 24th, 10.40 AM - Aeolian Sky, 17.50 PM - Kyarra (really nice time to dive it, very atmospheric). Sunday 25th 11.30 AM - Kyarra, 1.30 - a drift, probably Fluer de Lyes (one of my favorite dives).

A couple of dives on the Kyarra will give those that havn't done it a good chance for a poke around there are lots of things to find if you know where to look (and I do - ha ha).

There is plenty of scope for other dives, off the shore diving around the pier, and a "shuttle" boat that offers trips to the Kyarra on the slacks and drifts in between.

The Wrecks both sit in about 30M, the drifts are 10 - 14M.

Accomodation can only be described as plentifull, camp sites, B&B's, posh hotels, whatever grabs your fancy, I can help organise something if required.

I promised Martin (the skipper) that I would let him know if it was going to go ahead in 48 hours, so please give me a definatly interested as quick as possible.

There is another boat bookable, but I have not spoken to them so I don't know about availability on the dates, SideWinder holds 12 divers.

Andrew

Quick note, the boat is £320 per day, so we will divide this with the number of divers if this is OK with everybody - Andrew

(Edited by andyp at 12:49 am on Feb. 25, 2003)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Imported post

Plenty of Swanage info on the seadart website, including pic of the Sidewinder.

If y'all make it down keep an eye out for the Seadart Boys, bound to be a couple of us on the pier.

Have fun

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

thats the bank holiday w/e not stopping for the monday?
Bob

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

I will be, but judging from the number of people who have rushed to say they are interested it will be only me anyway.
(My partner's mum lives there.

Andrew

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

I'll be there doing the Halsewell thing.
There for the week.
What part of bucks are you?
Look us up if you do go will be intouch a bit nearer the time.
Bob

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Andy
dont be despondent just yet We're all still excited about Anglesy. I'd like to come down with my boy, but I think it will be an overnight stop and one days diving. As explained earlier this year he's doing his GCSEs so I'd like him to dive but not at the expense of his education. If its OK with you I'll confirm I'm coming after Wales (my first UK Sea dives). We'll probably just use those 'shuttles' you talked of, but it would be good to hook up for post dive tucker. Thanks for taking the time out to organise it.
Matt

·
Registered
154 Posts
Imported post

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.IM AVAILABLE THAT WK.PERFEEEEEEEEEECT,EXCUSE THE EXCITEMENT,GIVE ME A CALL,AS I CAN PRACTISE MY ADVANCED SPEC BOAT TECHNS, ON 07890 293781

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hi Andy,

If this is the Bank Holiday, I won't be turning out I'm afraid: I have a golden rule about travelling anywhere in the UK on a Bank Holiday - DON'T - unless it 'cab-able distance'!!

I think that falls on Fiona's holiday time too - and we're planning to be somewhere warm, wet and blue too, so sorry again if it's classed with your dates.

I think we'd all be interested in any Trip Report you might do - get the juices flowing, so to speak, and we (us northern gits) will have an idea of what the diving's like for when we do finally get our arse's down there!

Anyone else up for Andy's Swanage gig? Even if he changes the weekend to that after the Bank Holiday?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

£360/12 = £26 per day, cool... think I could be a deffo on that but need to check with other committments first, it's a long way from Tyneside!
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

looks like it's taking shape Andrew.
Who's rnning sidewinder? I think Tich has sold up.
Bob

(Edited by Seadart Bob at 11:42 am on Feb. 25, 2003)

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

Bob,

He sold it to Martin who used to skipper for him at times, I spoke to Titch, he is off to "sail the world" in a month or so. You can get him on Titch's old home number.

Fair play to him I say.

Andrew

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

Hi,

OK, so far;

AndyP
Alex (my mate)
Steve W
Diving Dude
Lou
Caroline
Robert Beal

Matt and Adam, are possible for one day, so we really need 4 or 5 more, if we get close enough, i.e. 10 I will front the cash for the boat and panic later.
If you want to give me a call please do so on 07798 640818.

Bren suggested I post a bit more of a report on the diving, I will do so in the next couple of days in trip reports.

Andrew

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Andy
got your mail but couldnt reply - doh!
Anyway, we're in for the Sunday - 2 places please.
You made it sound so tempting we cant possibly refuse.
Now seeing as the Southerners are going ALL that way to Anglesy (some for just one day) you'd have thought the Northern Branch might have made the effort wouldnt you?
Matt

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Sorry Matt - I'm flying to Bali on the 24th. They're real Southerners there y'know!!!

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Andy, please make that two for both days.

Matt, Anglesey is just up the road compared to Sound of Mull

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Gav, am I jealous Nah! Envious YES. Have a good one, like you need that advice. Trip report, when back I assume?
Diving Dude - I cant believe you said that and you from Stanmore, jeez bloke Watfords North for you!
Matt

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Crikey Gav,

Would it not be easier to just let us know the few days when you are in the UK ;)

Daz

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

And your excuse for not doing Swanage with your mates is?
Matt

(Edited by MATTBIN at 2:34 pm on Feb. 26, 2003)

1 - 20 of 130 Posts