YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Take me to your leader!

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Frog 
#1 ·
Imported post

Well that's what aliens are supposed to say when they first land innit?
Hello All,
just found out about this place courtesy of Bren Tierney, and this was reinforced by "Frog" (I could be getting confused here between Frog and Divechick, the Frog I mean is called Ann).

So by way of introduction: Ph.D. in Molecular Marine Ecology, BSAC Dive Leader, Club Instuctor, O2 Admin Instructor, Ex Chair, Ex TO, and (v. briefly) Ex DO, currently "sans club" due to getting royally p***ed off with certain characters in my old club (barrack-room lawyers, gooooaaannn....). Been out of the water for four months due to work committments so feeling pretty rusty and would like to get back to diving before the winter sets in.

I have only two caveats about diving - 1) no politics! be they Agency, Branch or personal oneupmanship
2) I share the same philosophy as Dave Ainsley ("The Porpoise" near Oban)  - crustceans should be seen, photographed but not cooked!

Anyhoo, hoping to find some like minded-divers here. My usual haunts in the past have been St. Abbs/Eyemouth (frequently), Beadnell, various locations off the Tyne, occasionally West Coast of Scotland and of course Ellerton and Capernwray

Cheers
Steve W

(Edited by Steve W at 8:46 pm on Aug. 27, 2002)

See less See more
#2 ·
Imported post

Hey Steve,

You're most welcome mate. We're a mixed-bag, mixed agency troop from all over the North of England, Scotland and even have a few YD missionaries 'darn-sarf'. So Scoucers to Jocks, to Mancs to the displaced - all life is here, and you're welcome too mate.

Liking St Abbs has just set you up as some of the troop's new bezzy mate, as it's a firm favourite with the guys.

Any way, looking forward to both meeting with ya and diving with ya soon, and reading your posts.

Cheers,

#3 ·
Imported post

Hi Steve, :martian:

Glad to see you name is over from Di****** (censored)

The Frog you are thinking of I can assume you is Ann (say hello :froggy: ) and no doubt will say Hi tomorrow.

As for the leader, well, I believe he's loosely called Mr. Effervescence a.k.a Heads Up, a pet name he loves :furious:

#4 ·
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Driftwood on 9:38 pm on Aug. 27, 2002
As for the leader, well, I believe he's loosely called Mr. Effervescence a.k.a Heads Up, a pet name he loves :furious:
<span =''>
I'm very close to giving you that muppet avatar again Drifty!!

Welcome Steve - all the lads have already said the important stuff so leave it to me to welcome you to YD and if you have any questions, please ASK!

#5 ·
Imported post

Tyne Wrecks Steve? A haunt of mine over the last few months...I don't have anything like your experience but if you ever fancy a dip in those parts (Eston: good. Mars: not so good. '55': yeuch.) drop me a mail (select 'messenger' in taskbar above)
Paul

#8 ·
Imported post

Thank you Drift.  Hi Steve W!  Heads Up does not like being called His Effervesence! :shout:  Welcome aboard, nice to have you with us, possibly bump into you some time.  Dive safely.  :luxhello:  :yelclap:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.