YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Good morrow, learned peers.
I'm off on holiday for two weeks in September this year to Javea in Spain.  Its pretty near Alicante and I was rather hoping to get some diving in whilst there.  

Has anyone dived this region that knows of a good Dive Operator with whom I could dive?  I won't have a buddy with me, but definitely don't want to dive on my own either.

cheers guys

PS - I don't mind taking a bit of a road trip to get somewhere (although not a ludicrous one).

·
apparently diving is fun!
104 Posts
Imported post

I know somebody from the Huddersfield area who is just setting up down that way. No real news, except he's bought a boat, compressor and some kit. He will be based in Alicante or there abouts.  He wants to up and running for this season. I'll let you know more when I get details.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Superb news - ta very much for that.
I'm not out there until mid-September but would love to have a recommended operator through which to dive.

Look forward to hearing from you - feel free to mail me offline.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

I may going around that area in the next couple of months, if so I will try to find something out. You can also go to the Padi site and search for their associated clubs around there.  As for non Padi afiliated places I don't know of a list of dive clubs but there must be something around.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Imported post

You can get a list of the FEDAS that is the Spanish equvilent of CMAS and they have a website to.
Regards
Michael

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

Thanks Michael, but what is their site adress?
Do you know of a full listing of Spanish dive clubs on the web? For Portugal there is www.scubaportugal.pt but as I live on the border to Spain such listing would be most usefull.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Imported post

I dived in Moraria a fair bit last year, which is between Alicante and Javia... there is an english outfit there called scubamar . they have a rib in a rather pleasant marina.. good outfit and well worth checking them out...
The diving is interetsing with some sea cave  type stuff ( nooverhead) try the cathedral.. no wrecks as such but abundant wildlife..

rgds
Craig

1 - 7 of 7 Posts