YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Guys, it's talk like a pirate day. I can't believe I missed the looming event in my social calendar. If you have absolutely no idea what I' m talking about, go to:

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

It is the daddy. I just love the way 2 guys somewhere in the states have got the time to have a talk like a pirate day every year! I think I'll be tryin' this, me hearties!

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Imported post

Make sure you don't miss the English to Pirate translator. Useful for all ye lubbers out there.

There must be suitable emoticon out there for this. Please, someone...

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Did you hear about this on yesterday's Radio 2 Steve Wright in the afternoon show Digs.  

Didn't have you down as a Radio 2 listener. Oh, well you can never tell!!

FB

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

I got an e-mail from a mate who demanded I go to their website, which I duly did. As for Radio 2, there's a time and a place for everything. But not this week, and not in my car!

Did they have the boys on the show or something? I'd imagine they'd be incredibly busy on a day like this! I suppose yesterday they could fit in the British Broadcasting Corporation. Today Sky will have bought them out for full day coverage on a channel you have to pay through the nose for, which most of the time isn't worth watching!

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Digs,

No each day they highlight a website and add a link from the Radio 2 website and they just happened to be talking about it yesterday, it did sound a good laugh, just tried your link but it will not load.

FB

·
Registered
8 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>The bloke was on a local radio station up here today, sounds a total fruit loop but strangely inspired me to talk like that for an hour at work today (until I got an orange thrown at me)  

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

You should all have a look at b3ta, they've been on about this for weeks. And I forgot.

Don't spend too much time on the site  

Adrian

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imported post

Wasn't it b3ta that did the "Birmingham, it's not shit" campaign a few months ago? They had an absolutely hilarious video of Birmingham Baywatch, with a guy on a stepladder outide the town hall diving into the fluzy in the jacuzzi to rescue someone, which is only about 6 inches deep!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

if you're still in pirate mode digs it's a shame that you missed the islay trip the phrase of the week was oooo-arrrrrhhhhhhh

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

I thought it was normal to use different accents every day.  We use Bristolian (cos it's so easy), South African, irish but my favourite is the chef from the 'muppets'.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts