YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Charter Boat Skipper, Salvage Diver & YBOD abuser
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

This will be a bit of a ramble and prob take an hour!
I'm basically clueless when it comes to photography- f-stop, fish-eyes,shutterspeed- you could be talking Welsh for all I know!
I've used an Ikelite housing for disposable cameras ( that don't seem to fit any more) and that's my limit.
What I'd like to do is get some nice shots of uk wrecks- am I asking the impossible?, maybe.I've had one of my many cunning plans- could it be done with a pin-hole camera? Would one work with glass over the hole? The housing would be easy/cheap to make.If it were fitted to a stand/piece of wreck could it be left for duration of dive, a week, a month? Can you get paper/plates that would do the job?
I know of loads of wrecks where one could be left undisturbed for months on end, Would it work and what do I need?
 Can any YD U-P expert help?
  Cheers ,
              Terry

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Forget all that mumbo jumbo, get a digital camera, underwater housing and light source (not necessarily a strobe). With digital you just point and shoot on auto (or if you have some basic knowledge of photography you can set up the exposure/aperture/film speed etc to get better defined pics)

PS - if your idea works let us know - it`ll really piss off the experts who have spent thousands !!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts