YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

A few buddies and I are planning a dip or two in Pembrokeshire in May (good boy scouts are prepared in advance  
)

Looking for a place to hire filled tanks somehwere between Tenby (where we're staying) and Stackpole (wanting toshore dive there).

Currently I know of one, Tenby Watersports - anyone know any others?

Ta very much.
Dave.

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Thanks for that Craig, I will give them a try.

I half suspect they are the same outfit I'd refered to as Tenby Watersports, also listed as Castle Slipway, but they have different numbers so maybe not.

Failing that I guess it's into Pembroke itself for hire - do you know a shop there by any chance?

Thanks,
Dave.

·
Founder Member of the 'Viet Taff'
1,523 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>In Pembroke try West Wales Divers 01437 781457, it's outside  Haverfordwest and there's shore diving at St Brides and Martin's Haven - much nicer than Stackpole. We used the Tenby place for air last year and they were a litle slow, shall we say.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>Hay Chardy like your avatar it reminds me of the mrs.

Llew

·
Registered
18 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>Hiya

I dived in Tenby last August with The lads on the slipway to North Beach (Tenby Watersports?) after I had booked and was let down at the last minute by some guy (daren't put wot i really think of him, very restrained for me this is) in Haverford West. A lad called Darren (very tasty, for all you girlies out there) had taken over Tenby Watersports just last year and he was trawling the seas for interesting dive sites, so I think maybe this season or at least the next there will be some good dives to be had with this place.  The diving prices were not hideous (I even think I got a couple very very cheap) and Darren didn't even charge for the semi-dry hire, I'm going back in August to play with seals again around Caldy Island, I'll def use Tenby Watersports again and in answer to your question I don't know of anywhere else in Tenby where you will get your airfills apart from that t****r in Haverfordwest and quite frankly my dear I'd rather do without:p

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Chardy, thanks for the advice, we're going to do two days boat dives with Pemb Dive Charters out of Neyland, and a days shore first to get into the swing. One of the guys wants to do Stackpole for some reason, and we're staying in Tenby, hence the query.

Topcat - tell me the people who let you down weren't anything to do with PDC?? We used Tenby Watersports last year too, and they were OK, will probably use them again if they can sort us out with 8 tanks for the day (struggling to get in touch of them right now). Though the girlie may have to stay in the car  

Cheers all,
Dave.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts