YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Driving my truck with my high-heels on...
5,509 Posts
Why ?

As it says why do you feel you need the 2nd bladder ?
Basically you need the 2nd bladder ,a complete inflator hose assembly & a dump valve.
AFAIK on all TDB's the holes are already there it is just a case of unsrewing the blanks & fitting .Certainly is like that on ,my TDB

·
Evil! Like Black Play Doh
348 Posts
Nothing, send it back to CD

Your best bet would be to send it back to Custom Divers.

I had mine converted last year, they basically just shove another bladder in at the rear, facing backward, cut a hole in the cordura material & screw on a corrugated hose & inflator. They cut another hole in the opposite corner on the back & fit the dump valve.

If I can find the receipt I will let you know how much, but I think it was about £130 ish. Not cheap but a good job done

·
Driving my truck with my high-heels on...
5,509 Posts
Have just re checked mine & it has definitely got unscrewable blanks in the correct places for the 2nd bladder so it looks like I was wrong on them all being the same :redface: If yours has & you want parts give me a shout as I have a spare TDB twin bladder that I am willing to take apart & leave me with a single

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
IIRC, it's about £170 for everything you need to convert from single to double bladder. Or sign up for the newsletter and they do have the odd offer running especially at dive show time. It's about 10% off.....

There is no cutting reqd, you just need to unscrew the blanks (but that's already been said),

Steve

·
Evil! Like Black Play Doh
348 Posts
My mistake

You're right, I have just checked it & there were blanks fitted. I had then in the envelope with the invoice in.

The bill was for £178, which was to send it back to CD & have the 2nd bladder fitted. I remember why I sent it back now, they reckon that you need a tool to hold the bladder in place, like a big allen key, while you tighten the nut on to secure it to the wing.

I think this was for the inflator. They did offer to loan me the tool, but for the kit v's fitting I thought it was worth sending it back.

I have fitted a replacement front bladder, & you can do it yourself if you have the patience & take care not to twist the bladder when fitting the nut.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.