YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Well it was a long journey up to Wales in terrible conditions on Friday afternoon that see the bridge I wanted to take closed. A slight detour and another bridge was found and I was finally in Wales. It had only taken 2 hours longer than it should have.

After driving around for a while I finally managed to find the B&B. This was a nice little place only a few minutes away from the NDC.

It was my first trip to the NDC which is really amazing. You load your kit onto the back of a trailer and the nice people there drive you and the  kit to the edge of the water. I suppose they dont have much choice as it is a long way from the car park if you had to walk it carrying all your things. It was much appreciated though. Very helpfull staff and some really nice food.

The changing room was also the hottest place iv ever had the pleasure of changing in. Considering the Weather this was very welcome.

We had decided to meet up at 9:30 on the Saturday Morning. The weather was still very bad.

The TDI instructor for the weekend was Mark Powell who was teaching Ian (gityerkneedahn) and myself.

Mark was excellent at communicating the skills needed and going through the course material and made you feel comfortable with what was going on.

To be honest I was a bit nervous on the drive up regarding the course and the people I would meet. Both Ian and Mark helped make the weekend which was fun and enjoyable. Just as diving should be.

Thanks for a great weekend guys and I hope to see you both soon.

For any one considering TDI course I would certainly recommend Mark.

All the best

Jamie

·
'Caribbean' Ian
847 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#348781'>Ahhhhh, fank fook, I can finally post!!!

Well said Jamie, i totally concur!

In summary:

Mark Powell - Top Chopper, Top Instructor
TDI Adv Nitrox & Deco Procedures - Interesting, informative and (hopefully) soon to be well worth while
NDC - Bit murky, miles away but well set up (considering all temp buildings)
Wales Weather - Glad i had a drysuit (that's before we got in the water!), are inland site supposed to have waves?
Crispy Fiver - Soggy Fiver would be more appropriate  

Huntsman Hotel - Good accom for the money & great food

All in all  

all round!

Again, i too would heartly recommend Mark Powell and the TDI Adv Nitrox & Deco Procedures courses.

Just need to save up for that Halcyon Wing now!!!

Ian

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
Imported post

Not just waves, waves with the spray being whipped of the top.

Your certs and cards arrived from TDI this morning so will be going in the post to you today.

·
'Caribbean' Ian
847 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#348781'>Nice one!

Thanks Mark

Ian

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Considering the Weather
Pfft!

When I did MY course up there, Mark and I had to leave our drysuits in the sun for a while to defrost.

After taking the backroads from the Huntsman as the car park was so icy my car couldn't get out the main exit...

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gityerkneedahn @ Mar. 29 2004,10:10)]Huntsman Hotel - Good accom for the money & great food
Completely agree (but then I would say that 'cos I have known Phil for years!). He does a special divers room rate which makes it the ideal place to stay when visiting the NDC. Watch out for the truely magnificent brekfasts though.. you may need a kilo or two less lead after one  

1 - 8 of 8 Posts