YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,877 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Disclaimer: this is not an anti-DIR bash etc etc etc

Right, arched back, I'm assuming you mean more-so than the natural curvature of the spine? that sounds decidedly uncomfortable to me and to adopt that throughout an hour long dive sounds quite painful.

I won't go into the type of fins thing 'cos I use split fins and I know you boys don't like them, moving swiftly on...

Motionless hover, yes was taught that on BSAC Adv Nitrox, several guys failed because they couldn't manage that.
However TDI teach you to use small gentle movements during deco in order to facilitate better blood circulation and, consequently, off-gassing, which makes better scientific sense.

Interesting to know GUE use filming in training, would make for some great "You've been framed " sessions I guess. Mind, now I understand why you frequently comment on what you feel "looks cool".  As Al Pacino says in Devils Advocate "Vanity, definately my favourite sin."

BTW WL, whatever other views I might have re your posts, I have never found them impolite so don't worry too much about your "new set of leaves",  although you do realise that all this talk of "looking cool" will be the subject of some interest and scrutiny when you come to do the Tyne wrecks, hope you don't suffer from stage-fright  

Chee-az
Steve

· Registered
3,877 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Was that a falsetto snicker Mr P  

"Turn it on, turn it on, eeeeeekkkkkkk!!!!!" shrieked Andy at 30m, having forgotten to turn his argon bottle on before diving.

Chee-az
Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.