YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
'Caribbean' Ian
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#348781'>Hi All,

I'm not sure if this should be here, but here goes anyway!

I'm doing TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures this weekend, and, all being well will be a highly trained professional at the end of it!

Question is: Where can i continue this sort of diving near me (i'm based in SE London/NW Kent)?

I don't mind joining a club, but I'm not too keen on joining one that's affiliated to a Dive Shop.

Is there such a thing as TDI clubs?

Please help, i don't want to do the courses only to find that i'll never do the diving!!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

I just did the same courses. Let me know your findings, I'm not a million miles away in West Sussex

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Dare I suggest that there are a number of like minded people on here.  So as Dom as suggested, put out the call, I'm sure you'll get responses.

·
'Caribbean' Ian
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

<font color='#348781'>I'll no doubt end up 'puttin' a big shout out to the YD massive'.

But for the time being i'd be interested to know if there's anything 'pre-existing' out there, an organiser i 'aint!

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

Ish

Depends what your looking for. There is a tec diving groups but no specfic club. If you just want to do the deeper dives no problem Ille put you on the list. If you can do midweek dives you will be my new best freind. If you want club meets and socials well you need a diferent type of club

If you want to get into a tec group you realy need to be Trimix qualified. Normoxic Trimix is plenty for 95% of the dives we do.

I am bassed in Maidstone but we dive mainly out of Brighton or Littlehampton for the tec stuff. Most of the present group live North london down to Dover.

ATB

Mark Chase

·
'Caribbean' Ian
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imported post

<font color='#348781'>That'd be cool, bung me on the list!

I'd like to get more general uk diving in before heading to trimix, though it is something i'd consider.

Week days are a possibility as i'm temping at the moment but as it stands i need as much cash as i can get for:

Sharm In June
Cuba In Nov
Thailand Feb '05

Looks like i'll have to go on the game or something

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>Mark,

Is it possible to add Blanaid and I to your list?

Juz
TDI Normoxic Trimix - can't do weekdays

Blan
TDI ERD - completing Normoxic in May - Can do weekdays

Cheers
Juz

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gityerkneedahn @ Mar. 18 2004,12:43)]I don't mind joining a club, but I'm not too keen on joining one that's affiliated to a Dive Shop.
I'm intrigued, why not? Our club (in Hastings) is non affiliated, multi agency and has a range of skills up to CCR/Trimix. Abt 8 of us are at the TDI Adv EANx/Deco quals. From what I see on the boats I use there are loads of divers with those/similars quals.

You could join the Wrecktech group. You get notifications of spaces available on boats which you can book if you are quick enough.

Check out the planned dives through Taurus, Dover (Andy the Commie II) or Nauticat at Brighton (www.channeldiving.com), to name two that I know, and you will see the dives you want to do. Usually the mid week dives are the open to all as Clubs obviously will book for weekends.

I don't think there is a need to be in a club with the number of boats there are - if ours closed, I don't think I would bother joining another.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Imported post

Im also doing what your doing this weekend.

Due to a new love of my lifde though (girl friend) I dont have as much money or time as I would like to do tech diving.

If however things change and depending on how often I could be up for arranging some dives.

Also after the weekend and you have seen my diving you may say no any way  

Regards

Jamie

·
more weaselly than a weaselly thing
3,628 Posts
Imported post

<perks> Hey chasey.... what sorta stuff are you guys doing?

Im up for weekends, or exceptionally midweeks for something really good.

CCR squeaky stuff..... preference for spidge or dinner.

·
"All I want is a KISS!"
493 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Chase @ Mar. 18 2004,13:53)]Ish

Depends what your looking for. There is a tec diving groups but no specfic club. If you just want to do the deeper dives no problem Ille put you on the list. If you can do midweek dives you will be my new best freind. If you want club meets and socials well you need a diferent type of club

If you want to get into a tec group you realy need to be Trimix qualified. Normoxic Trimix is plenty for 95% of the dives we do.

I am bassed in Maidstone but we dive mainly out of Brighton or Littlehampton for the tec stuff. Most of the present group live North london down to Dover.

ATB

Mark Chase
<font color='#000080'>Mark,

If you could add myself and my regualr buddy to that list, it's be most appreciated.  We're both TDI trained to TDI Deco Procedures, and will be doing our Trimix stuff in september.

Cheers

Rich

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Hi,

Most of the stuff we do is between 50 and 70M, we tend to dive weekdays because the boats are booked by clubs at weekends and it works out nice and convenient.

Mark and I are trying to get a core of people together so we can organise dives which are a bit more "out of the ordinary".

Zack,

Spidge is OK, but I will fight you for the clangy one.

Andrew

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (zaksherlock @ Mar. 18 2004,16:29)]<perks> Hey chasey.... what sorta stuff are you guys doing?

Im up for weekends, or exceptionally midweeks for something really good.

CCR squeaky stuff..... preference for spidge or dinner.
OK I was not just referring to my own list but as a few have contacted me I will give a bit more detail.

Launch sites normally Brighton, Little Hampton

Boats Girl Grey, Nauticat, Sparticat, Defiant and this year we will add Andy’s Boat and Dover to the list.

Pete Kemp previously of Just Diving runs the main list, which has been filtered down to non-winging organised divers of various persuasions. Depth range is 35m to 90m but the vast majority of the dives are in the 45 to 65m range. I tend to stick to midweek diving and dive W/ends about once a month to keep the misses from slashing my dry suit.

Regular fixtures include:

The Moldavia 45-50
The Duke 55-60
The Bessell 55-60
The Mexico 48-52
The Nyon 38-45
The British Commerce 50

Last year we dived 4 unknown wrecks and trips went out to Illinois 65m and the Solsett. This year we are hoping to increase the number of un-dived / lesser dived wrecks but you can appreciate that un-dived wrecks can be brilliant or total crap. Pete dropped to 70m on one last year to find bugger all at the bottom of the shot but a pile of rocks.

This year we have the trip to the Irish Sea I listed a couple of weeks ago and one of the group has organised a few W/end trips out of Plymouth. Spaces are available on some of the Plymouth trips and on the Irish sea livaboard.

Obviously a lot of the dives are already fully booked. Believe it or not we are booking stuff for Aug 2005 now

We are not doing any thing special that Wreck Tec or any of that lot are doing mainly we are building a data base of divers who want to dive and are capable of looking after them selves in terms of gas and dive planning but cant be assed to organise the trip
Then when one of the group can be assed the word goes out. That’s about it.

Only rule is if you book and don’t show up for ANY reason, you pay.

ATB

Mark Chase

1 - 14 of 14 Posts