YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

has anyone used one of this lights

I’m interested to hear your experiences and opinions as the price is right so I’m considering buying

Regards
Elias

·
It's colder than a penguin's bollocks
1,476 Posts
They use luxeon 3 leds... there old leds. Take the Mangrove Ledsystem TS-6, 6 leds only producing 510 lumens. Thats crap!
The Luxeon 3 only puts out about 80 lumens at 1amp i think. The Cree XPG S2 puts out 390 lumens at 1amp..and 520 lumens at 1.5amp!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They use luxeon 3 leds... there old leds. Take the Mangrove Ledsystem TS-6, 6 leds only producing 510 lumens. Thats crap!
The Luxeon 3 only puts out about 80 lumens at 1amp i think. The Cree XPG S2 puts out 390 lumens at 1amp..and 520 lumens at 1.5amp!
thanks for your input

·
It's colder than a penguin's bollocks
1,476 Posts
Don't get me wrong that might be enough light for your type of diving.. I assume your diving in Cyprus so nice clear water?
If I were to buy it I would look to upgrade the leds and optics at some point..

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I agree with Goldigger. 18 watts of Luxeon III's = 510 lumens vs 18 watts of Cree XR-E = 1200 lumens minimum. No reason to use Luxeon III's nowadays.
On the plus side though, it's cheap and you can use alkaline batteries which is quite nifty..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't get me wrong that might be enough light for your type of diving.. I assume your diving in Cyprus so nice clear water?
If I were to buy it I would look to upgrade the leds and optics at some point..
i dive in cyprus were we have year round good visibility

the main reason i need a torch is for wreck diving at the Zenovia and for the few night dives i do

i'm looking for a cheap solution as the number of dives ill be using it for is about 1/10 of my dives which doest justify an expensive long lasting powerfull torch (maybe im worng and an expensive hid light would be better?)

thanks again

regards
elias

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with Goldigger. 18 watts of Luxeon III's = 510 lumens vs 18 watts of Cree XR-E = 1200 lumens minimum. No reason to use Luxeon III's nowadays.
On the plus side though, it's cheap and you can use alkaline batteries which is quite nifty..
thanks steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts