YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Does anyone have experience of the Anglesey Dive Training Centre?

They seem to be very well priced compared to some of the competition  eg £150 for adv nitrox - Joe Diver in Evesham is quoting £300.

Replies from Wales may be discounted as totally biased!

Thanks

·
Resident Serbian Sniper
492 Posts
Imported post

Is that the training college near Porth Dafarch?I've been in a few times (2 mins from the MIL's)and they seem very friendly and helpfull etc.Other than that I can't really help,sorry.
Hobby.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Yes,  Martin Samson runs Angelsey Diver Training based near Porth Dafarch / Valley of the Rocks he has an air station there as well.

I did a BSAC search and recovery course with him a few years ago also the Power Boat II course.  I think he does courses for most of the training agencies you can find him on his website.  Martin is also a crew member for RNLI at T/Bay.

I would recommend Martin as an instructor.

Fiona

·
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

Thanks, thats what I hoped to hear.
Much cheaper bit of plastic - if it ever arrives  

Might have to get there before July and the YD gig screws things up for evermore  

Just jealous - I'd love to go.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Richie,

Can't personalyy comment on Martin's instructing capabilities, although I've only ever heard good things about him - and when were in Anglesey last March, he was prepapred to open well into the night to allow 40 divers to get air and nitrox fills, so a very decent bloke indeed.

If you're after another opinion (and a clear conversation on which course/agency to choose, given their relative merits), I, and many others on here, can firmly recommend Andy 'DALESDIVER' Hayhurst as being a top-drawer technical /mix-gas instructor and one of the most safety conscious and experienced divers in the UK. He's also one of the most approachable guys you'll meet. You might be plesantly pleased with his prices too!

Give him a call on TEL: 07702 819381 and have a chat about your options.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I'll echo what Bren said about Andy H.

Talented, patient, will teach a great deal more than the course and is a really good bloke to boot.

·
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imported post

Thanks all, I'll shop around and certainly try Mr H.
i did meet him very briefly on that ******* cold mini gig to Wastwater back in January. Maybe thats wht Anglesey appeals - nice warm seawater  

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts