YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Anyone going to this TekDive 04 thingy?

I just got through Divernet Xtra, and they're babbling on about a weekend-long conference with just about all the agencies there and workshops etc. on all sorts.

Just don't fancy being on my larry lonesome all weekend, and it would be nice to have a couple of YDers along for the ride!

Just thinking about the boredom between workshops etc. as I think almost all of our club is either going to be bargain-hunting in the show, or it's going to mostly go straight over their heads!

PM me if you like, or stick it under here.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#008080'>I have looked through the program for the Tek Dive 04; do you think it will be worth it? Looks like a lot of discussions will be going on. Some probably heated! Spike Jackson and I still trying to decide!

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>It can't hurt, for £15 for the weekend. Can it? I've got to find somewhere to stay, though, so that could be expensive. Especially around London. Time to pull some strings I think...

Let me know if you guys are going, if you don't mind having a Digger on your coat-tails for a bit, that is!

·
more weaselly than a weaselly thing
3,628 Posts
Imported post

If I can get out of teaching, I'll be there!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>Have just been informed of exciting things afoot

Look out for Mark (louise at divegirl will point you in the right direction) as he will have a new business venture
Lots of interesting things happening........

unforunately I can't make it but I want to hear the gossip (what! you thought I didn't
)

And i so know it will get to friday and I'll go what the hell and come down anyway  

·
The brains & beauty behind 'Kinky Divers'
1,585 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>Juz & I will be there on Saturday, (I can't do Sunday because of work commitments)

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Imported post

I've got 25 (!) tickets in my pocket as my club will be there en mass.

All of us are for the dive show rather than the tek-stuff as I'm slightly disappointed that they're splitting the show into bits like this.

Say hello of you see me, I'll prolly be in the (well a) bar at around 1ish.

Laters,
   Janos

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

Ill be there on Sat all day. got a bit f shopping to do as well so in and out. Pissed off coz I got my ticket for the dive show and I now find if I had got the £10 ticket to the tec show it gives free entry to the dive show.  

I will be in YD black T shirt

ATB

Mark Chase

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Ah, yes.  The spotty like nerk with the hunchback, buck teeth, acne, black national health specs and glass eye!  Only kidding Mark.  
 I'll be there on Sunday looking for a new drysuit amongst other things, and seeing what I use Ginge's little plastic cards on.  Catch up with you soon, dive safely.  Ribbet.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>There's another LIDS thread running, Seek him out....

and here's the link to the TekDive04 thingy I'm talking about, if anyone wants to come and hepl me ask stupid questions, I'd be more than happy. So far it's me, spike jackson and ClaireDJ I think. TekDive04

Hope this helps.

Digs.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>I think
 that juz and blanaid are off to teckdive too, I'll be around both days not sure doing what or where yet though

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Good stuff. We're onto another decent turnout. Should all work out nicely. See any of you at TekDive if you're in on that game, or in the show when I go off to spend some money.

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
Imported post

I'll be there on Sunday.

There are intro sessions for anyone wanting to get into technical diving running each day from 10:00 - 11:30 so anyone who is interested should be able to get something out of it.

·
The brains & beauty behind 'Kinky Divers'
1,585 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>We have our TekDive badges (very swish!)
and picked out what we will be attending session wise, looks like lunch is my only shopping time

that will make the bank manager happy!
although I think I'll skip the rebreather & photo workshops so that gives me another hour to catch up with friends!

Blanaid

1 - 20 of 34 Posts